• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Enjoyed that. Will need to create a bit more and just be a better bit preventing counter attacks but so much better overall
Bar Kane who has been shite. Not fit, not pressing and hiding. Absolute Ronaldo 24 performance.

Should be subbed.

Foden, Saka and Mainoo have some lovely movement going and the Dutch can't cope with it.

If only Trippier was replaced by Shaw we'd have the same on the left with Bellingham.

Need that centre forward on, can't keep playing this way with 10.

Thought that was the best and sharpest Kane had looked. Not 100%, I imagine the back injury is still a bit of an issue but he’s been a much better part of the team than previous games.

Agree re Shaw, I’d be getting him on fairly soon.

Thought that was the best and sharpest Kane had looked. Not 100%, I imagine the back injury is still a bit of an issue but he’s been a much better part of the team than previous games.

Agree re Shaw, I’d be getting him on fairly soon.
Completely disagree, dropping way too deep, not making the defenders work either.

Similar to the Ait Nouri at Man City penalty where he is just trying to block and in no way does it impede the shot that flies over.
A good performance bar the stink show when it goes wide left. It’s not Trippiers fault but what could we be like if we have a threat from that side too.

I can see why its given but you'd be raging if it went against you. Foden so much better away from the left. Hope Shaw can get on as Trippier as hopeless going forward

I think he’s right though that anywhere else on the pitch that’s a foul.
It’s like when a winger slides in to block a full back clearing it down the line and the FB sells it every time as if he’s been clattered when often there’s little to no contact. Not convinced they are fouls but they get given. Difference being that’s a player charging in, not someone just hanging a leg trying to block a shot.

I hate that argument. It's not anywhere else on the pitch. It's in the box and if he doesn't put his foot there he thinks Kane is going to take the net off. Equally, Kane isn't going to be attacking a ball bouncing like that on the half way line.

It's never a penalty for me.

I hate that argument. It's not anywhere else on the pitch. It's in the box and if he doesn't put his foot there he thinks Kane is going to take the net off. Equally, Kane isn't going to be attacking a ball bouncing like that on the half way line.

It's never a penalty for me.
But that’s the risk he’s taking right. If he doesn’t get to the ball he runs the risk of making contact with Kane with his studs up. It’s soft but I don’t think it’s the worst decision ever like some are saying

It shouldn't be a foul anywhere on the pitch. Are defenders not allowed to try and block a shot? You may as well not bother defending if that's the case. Ridiculous.

It shouldn't be a foul anywhere on the pitch. Are defenders not allowed to try and block a shot? You may as well not bother defending if that's the case. Ridiculous.
See my above post.

Back