• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

England and France will bore/shithouse their way to the final which will be a drudge of attrition.

Team has leaked unsurprisingly, Konsa in for Guehi, Trippier starting at RWB (Saka LWB) with Walker as the third CB. The rest the same as per last game.

Team has leaked unsurprisingly, Konsa in for Guehi, Trippier starting at RWB (Saka LWB) with Walker as the third CB. The rest the same as per last game.
That could easily be the same everything except Konsa for Guehi. Why would anyone want Trippier as a wing back when you’ve got one of the best attacking right backs in the world in the squad.

That could easily be the same everything except Konsa for Guehi. Why would anyone want Trippier as a wing back when you’ve got one of the best attacking right backs in the world in the squad.
Only reason I can think of is if you start Gomez as the RCB instead, that only leaves you one CB in Dunk on the bench to cover three spots.

You could always shift Walker inside to RCB if necessary during the game but I'm guessing more CB options off the bench is the reason why.

Only reason I can think of is if you start Gomez as the RCB instead, that only leaves you one CB in Dunk on the bench to cover three spots.

You could always shift Walker inside to RCB if necessary during the game but I'm guessing more CB options off the bench is the reason why.
You don't want Walker at RWB, if we play 3 CHs then he is generally one of them and has been for years.

It'd be Alexander-Arnold at RWB where you would imagine a lot of his flaws would get hidden, like a supremely deluxe Doherty from 2018.

Not sure TAA works all that great as a wingback, think he needs a player in front of him to get the best out of him.

This going to be a looooooong afternoon/evening

Surely today's the day someone steps up to the plate and we find a replacement for fucking Kalvin Phillips

Southgate has bottled dropping Foden which is disappointing. Usually he took his time but ultimately would drop a player who did not perform. Let's hope he does well today. Similarly it feels a waste to play Trippier when we now have Walker covering - would prefer TAA for once.

Back