• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sunderland (A) Build-up and match thread

Wolves players are already on their summer holidays. Had we needed to win there would have been a lot more intensity to our play.

Douglas swings the corner in Saiss out wide to Doherty to MGW to Doherty to Costa to Doherty and Costa and out to Jota , Costa leaves it for Doherty but it breaks and Miranda gives it away and Fletcher breaks and Miranda tries to foul him but even misses that and the danger is cleared at the last... Miranda not doing great.
Flag really late going up as Costa is flagged offside as Jota ran onto a neat chip from Miranda...

Neves running free closing in on the goal fires it in and just a bit over the bar. That from 25 yards out.

MGW and Jota combining well there and the ball is forwards and Jota lunges for it.... bigger toecaps and he'd have got that!

Fletcher beats 2 men and Coady then fires it... just wide past a diving Ruddy. (I'm supporting B3h)

Errmm. This is really not good.

Awful from Norris again.

I suppose at the start of the season if someone had said, "You'll get stuffed at Sunderland on the last day but win the league" we'd all have taken it, but this isn't how you want the season to end. Two or three players shoiwng why they'll be away in the summer...

Fletcher playing a blinder, beats Batth and as Norris comes out so Fletcher sees him coming and curls it around him into the fucking net. 2-0!!
Nuno needs to get stuck in here at half time.
Norris should have stayed in his 6 yard box and let his defenders handle that. Poor keeping which will reignite these daft reports on signing Butland.
He's really scrubbed a handful of credibility points off his board.
MGW trying too hard and needs to relax.
Afobe needs to come on and give our attack a bit of focus.
We haven't troubled their keeper once yet! Not 1 fucking shot on goal....
Grrr.

Two HT scorelines I really didn't expect to see today. Us 2 down at Sunderland and Fulham making a right mess of things at Birmingham.

Feel so sorry for Coady with Batth and Miranda either side of him.

Back