• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Whether this guy signs or not I think the striker we get is going to fit this profile unfortunately.

The thinking behind it is always to make more of crossing opportunities but in practice it usually always leads to route one football.
I fear Lage is going to try this and we'll be bottom after ten games with 2 points.

A big lump of a striker is definitely on the cards this summer.

Just because we buy someone who's good in the air doesn't mean we'll be going route one. Could just be so that we have someone in the box when we do cross it.

We don't have a good crosser who'll play though. Adama is hit and miss and won't be here and Chiquinho will likely be out on loan. RAN can from a dead ball, but doesn't in open play.

He was one of the few positives over the last couple of months.

I guess there is no point me pissing and moaning about something until it happens, but this does not sound good.

Read the story not the headline.
I did, maybe you didn't bother to get to the end...

"If not, we can have the solution like Morgan (Gibbs-White) had.
"We know they can be special in the future so we need to understand what is the best space for them to grow up as a player.
"If he has a chance to be here and continue his evolution, good, but like Morgan they could have a chance to play all season.
"When they feel they are ready to play more games, if they don't have space to play here we need to find a solution for them."

I did, maybe you didn't bother to get to the end...

"If not, we can have the solution like Morgan (Gibbs-White) had.
"We know they can be special in the future so we need to understand what is the best space for them to grow up as a player.
"If he has a chance to be here and continue his evolution, good, but like Morgan they could have a chance to play all season.
"When they feel they are ready to play more games, if they don't have space to play here we need to find a solution for them."
What's wrong with that?

He's happy with what Chiquinho has done, he feels he can continue to develop, but if there isn't opportunity for him at Wolves a loan might be best for him. All sounds perfectly reasonable.

Let's remember that we're talking about Chiquinho here rather than the next coming of Messi or Ronaldo. He's looked to have something about him, he's got a good delivery but he's not looking like a world beater yet. It's not beyond the realms of possiblity that there is a better option in the squad come August than last January's bargain gamble.

You suggested that the headline wasn't representative of the story, but it is.

What i actually think happened is, YOU didn't read the whole story, then patronised, and now you are backtracking as if you did.

It's ok though, don't worry, no one noticed.

It's not beyond the realms of possiblity that there is a better option in the squad come August than last January's bargain gamble.

Does it not feel a risk to also be sending out a player developing well at the club though when the squad is already too small? and we've so far lost an additional 3 on top of that poor starting position.

I want additions but if we are pushing guys like Cinq out too then we are looking like needing 7+ signings, and that's not ideal at this level.

You suggested that the headline wasn't representative of the story, but it is.

What i actually think happened is, YOU didn't read the whole story, then patronised, and now you are backtracking as if you did.

It's ok though, don't worry, no one noticed.

No, I read it just fine thanks, the headline pushes the idea that Lage is actively looking to loan him out, which isn't even his job. When you read the story all the way to the end you see that his thinking is actually that a loan is the backup option. He'd actually prefer to keep these younger guys at the club, he's not only talking about Chiquinho by this point, but if the opportunity isn't there for them to play regularly then he'd rather a loan than watch them stagnate.

He's considering different options to suit the individuals dependent on the squad situation, perfectly reasonable. The headline suggests he's just looking to punt Chiquinho out somewhere as a matter of course though.

Does it not feel a risk to also be sending out a player developing well at the club though when the squad is already too small? and we've so far lost an additional 3 on top of that poor starting position.

I want additions but if we are pushing guys like Cinq out too then we are looking like needing 7+ signings, and that's not ideal at this level.

For me it depends how the squad changes over the summer. Currently you've got Chiquinho, Podence, Hwang and Neto as your definite contenders for the wide roles, wouldn't want to push him out if that's the limit of your options. Then you've got Traore coming back, for how long who knows, and maybe, doubtful I know, Trincao stays too, potentially looking a bit overstocked now though maybe Podence and Hwang get considered exclusively for other positions instead now.

As Lage says in the article, if there can still be opportunities for him at Wolves then he's happy with how he can develop. If those opportunities go away then maybe you look at a loan as an alternative. Only time will tell whether or not those opportunities remain at Wolves through the summer or they need to find them for him elsewhere.

If we’re loaning Cinq out, your 7+ looks a bit low.

Back