• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Stoke (A) (FAC) Build-Up Thread 7/1/17

Evans + Saville [emoji36]

Good to see another season when we don't give a fuck about the cup, that midfield has my stomach churning.

PL team at home makes 4 changes, Championship team away makes 6 including starts for two long term injuries. Could be messy

Surprised by the hate for the midfield. Evans - rated highly by a fair few and Saville is playing in a natural position.

It's clearly second string but hardly as vomit inducing as coady and edwards.

Stoke don't have much by way of alternatives; their squad isn't that big, they have injuries and three players away at ACON, unless they put kids in (and their Academy is absolutely awful) then there isn't much scope to make changes.

I don't think it's that bad a line up for us, I'd have played Herc and maybe stuck Wilson on the bench ahead of Coady (we don't need three CMs on there) but I can deal with what we've sent out.

Tex, CBJ, Gladon, John and Wallace have clearly had it.

Good experience for Bright and a run out for Williamson/Evans. That's good enough for me. Don't really give a shit about this competition. Hope our fans all have a good day out.

Hope Gibbs-White gets a runout, very talented player. Assume Herc may have started but we've got a checkatrsde game in the week haven't we?

Disappointed that Saville is featuring (at the expense of Price??)

Good to see Williamson back and Evans given a chance. Iorfa might try to put himself in the shop window.

Hopefully some of the kids will get game time

I can't see anything other than a Stoke win.

Not as bad as I was anticipating, though I've never been convinced on Saville

Hopefully Iorfa's time out of the team has allowed him to reflect & he comes back at the level we know he is capable of. If he & Williamson can do that then its a bonus defensively for future league games

Williamson, who's the other long term injury, Evans? Shaqiri and Arnautovic could cause havoc

Typically Wolves Player acting up - signal so faint that even with the volume right up have no idea what is being said (& its not my sound system as put anything else on & its loud enough for the neighbours to complain if I left it on)

The only negative I see is CM, we're gunna get torn apart there

Back