• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Short-term Wolves XI

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
Bit of a tangent from a discussion on another thread this week (and I fancy a break from moaning about ticket prices and our shit chairman).

2 years MAXIMUM at the club. Loans or permanent, either are fine.

-----------------------Marcus Hahnemann---------------------

Jackie McNamara-----Gary Breen-----John de Wolf-------Barry Douglas

Mark Walters-------Allan Nielsen-----Chris Marsden------Michael Gray

--------------------Ade Akinbiyi-----Dougie Freedman---------------

Probably missing some obvious ones but that's my first go.

Afobe qualifies, thinking about it. Even adding on his loan spell.

Him or Akinbiyi...I'm not sure. I could trust Ade to stand in the right place and not think he's Dennis Bergkamp.

Steven Fletcher was only 2 years so I'd have him in ahead of Akinbiyi

Steven Fletcher was only 2 years so I'd have him in ahead of Akinbiyi
Ah, of course!

Easily then.

I'm keeping Dougie over Badge Kissing Ben. Better footballer.

Is Robbie Keane eligible? He wasn't with us for very long but I think we had him as a yut so probably not

Is Robbie Keane eligible? He wasn't with us for very long but I think we had him as a yut so probably not
Bled into three seasons as he played the first two games of 1999/2000

David Kelly would be my shout, but I don't see him usurping akinbiyi or Freedman

Kelly is the same as Keane, goes across three seasons just about (played at the very start of 1995/96)

Michael Jacobs came to mind. But was at a low level then Ken basically didn’t want to know in the championship
Used to annoy me every week, playing Edwards as a #10 and ignoring Jacobs, but then his career before and after suggests that L1 was very much his level. Nice footballer though.

In terms of technical ability, Fernando Gomez would be right up there. Magnificent footballer, but looked and ran like George Graham when he was only 33.

WMA4NI6APRDIVG6EGGTAZ4O2GU.jpg

Also on ability you'd have to say Vitinha, but it's not based on much he did in a Wolves shirt.

Back