• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion

Season Ticket Options

• Total voters
I'll still renew in the Summer but there will be a limit if they keep increasing them. The money for the ticket itself added to travel, food, drink on the day and its becoming a very expensive thing to do.

The reason I mentioned people on Twitter advocating increases is that its not just one or two, you get quite a number of fans advocating and then defending increases when they happen. Some of them don't grasp that it's not the 80s any more and they still think we "pay their wages" so you get tweets like I saw today - "the same people moaning about increases will want us to spend big on players" - they don't get it and still wouldn't even if you explained it. The worry is the more the club see the defense of it the more they think its accepted by a large enough number to keep taking the piss.

Yep, it's a shame that myth gets passed around.

We've been able to spend over the last 12 months because we essentially had a £0 net transfer spend for quite a long time while coining it in off broadcast income and prize money for being good. Not because Fat Vinny decided to charge me an extra £50 for no reason.

Purchase history I think, although general sale is later than it used to be. Supply and demand would fix that

Hi, I would like to buy a ticket on general sale as I am in town this week and you are on general sale as demand is low? I’m an ex STH of so many years standing who fancies a return visit.

We don’t put tickets on general sale - you need to buy a membership

*phone goes click*

That idea is the biggest load of bollocks of the lot, and Vinny has created a high bar.

Anyone who knows me from years ago I was very much a Premier League sceptic but that was only through the way we approached being there, both Hayward and the Morgan weren’t really arsed.
Fosun and Nuno changed my mindset and I truly believed we we’re gonna be in the Premier League for the long haul.
Unfortunately Shi fucked up by not sacking that charlatan at the end of last season.
Having said that I’ll be there next season whatever happens and who knows might even regain the area we had always occupied in the Leccy Club for years.

Hi, I would like to buy a ticket on general sale as I am in town this week and you are on general sale as demand is low? I’m an ex STH of so many years standing who fancies a return visit.

We don’t put tickets on general sale - you need to buy a membership

*phone goes click*

That idea is the biggest load of bollocks of the lot, and Vinny has created a high bar.

Tickets do normally go on general sale - they didn't vs Leeds (I assume due to concerns around potential trouble) but that is very much an exception to the rule.

Now they have tried it once I’m sure it’s an idea that will pop up again for the “bigger draw” tickets. Liverpool and Man United where there is a lot of evidence of away fans buying in home areas will be prime candidates for no general sale. And once that happens it’s difficult to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

But that's understandable, surely? And not without precedent from other clubs. Try buying a home areas ticket for the equivalent away fixture with a WV postcode and no purchase history.

There's no way we'll just stop doing general sale as a rule, it wouldn't benefit anyone.

Not having certain fixtures go to general sale without purchase history such as Leeds and the Sky Six seems quite sensible from the club personally, plenty of other clubs do it. Otherwise there is a risk of lots of away fans in the home end.

He won't mind me saying it, there were a couple of games that @Trips missed under Lage/Davis despite having a ST - he *could* have made it but would have involved a fair bit of shuffling work/family stuff around and he just thought why bother (I don't blame him either). He'll be far from the only one that applies to.

The club seem to be convinced we have a strong 25k+ hardcore. We absolutely do not. They seem convinced that having thousands on a waiting list that they joined by default years ago means something. It does not.

Absolutely don't mind. There was one game I couldn't make as we had plans, but wasn't overly bothered. At least 2 other games, 1 under Lage and one under Davis, where I could easily have made it. Had a couple of bits on in the morning, but could have easily got into Wolves around 2ish. Couldn't be bothered.

Pre World Cup I only looked forward to the social aspect of matchdays and seeing mates before games, actually attending didn't bother me. Me and DW had a conversation when waiting an age to get in to the ground for the City game, saying if we are 1 down before we get in we may as well turn around and go the pub. We should have!

As for the ST waiting list, Mrs Trips and my lad are both on the waiting list. Only Connor will get a ticket and I'll move seat when he gets one, she has zero intention of getting one. She's on the list purely because she's a member, and she gets tickets for them two as he can't get a seat by me

Now they have tried it once I’m sure it’s an idea that will pop up again for the “bigger draw” tickets. Liverpool and Man United where there is a lot of evidence of away fans buying in home areas will be prime candidates for no general sale. And once that happens it’s difficult to put the toothpaste back in the tube.
It happened against Forest too. I wanted to buy a ticket in the week before the game I and couldn't.

For the fact of having one I still want to renew but the financial aspect means I may not. Life has changed again and I’ve missed a lot of games this season and won’t be able to make Brentford either. That’s a lot of money for a handful of games and realistically I desperately need to divert that cash elsewhere in the near future.
I need a serious conversation with Mrs Booz before I commit this time round, it’s definitely not a given.

If we went down I'd probably give mine up. Some midweek games would just be no go's, others logistically a challenge so wipe off 6 or 7 there, add another couple of holidays/family events and that's over a third of games I'd miss. I'd pick and choose which wouldn't be too much of an issue, although I'd not be able to get a ST if we went back up.

As an aside I find it more difficult to juggle my diary than I did before Covid. I'm in the office less, but all meetings are scheduled for either a Tues or Thurs so not as easy as it was to make it work to suit
Plus the fact we’d be a popular pick for Sky in the Championship due to our following, so we’d probably be on the box more than we are now.

I guess the one counter for that is you can pretty much always find a stream of a PL game if you want to, but it gets more tricky the lower down the football pyramid you go.

Plus the fact we’d be a popular pick for Sky in the Championship due to our following, so we’d probably be on the box more than we are now.
Friday night footy :-/

Not done the poll as don't have a S/T this year, but did for the previous 4 years.

Have a Membership Plus this year (they will probably lose them next season) but only been up for 4 games so far and will do a least 2 more that the 'Plus' advantage allows though suspect thet for most games it's not a problem anyway as many have odd tickets available a day or so before the game.

Really can't justify the cost from down here too often as can't be arsed with 8 hr round trip trains on one day so need an overnight hotel whose prices have increased dramatically this year - aftemath of Covid and no customers really. Reckon it costs roughly £200 per game on that basis (well I do have to eat as well)

Don't want relegation, but it wouldn't affect whether I still came to games when I can - did the Lg 1 season

Not dug out my previous season's post, but it'd probably be the same answer. I'm committed (or need to be) for the long run home and away. Not been a vintage season by any means, but the football is only part of what is usually an expensive day or weekend if you take into account petrol, trains (when they run), hotels, food and lots of beer.

As someone who pretty much only does home games now, this season has probably been a better watch than last season.

We have a fair chance of beating last year's record of W7 D3 L9 (we are currently W5 D2 L7....well, if we don't better it, we'll probably go down) and I'm no longer internally seething that we have an absolute halfwit waving his arms around near our dugout. I also no longer have to mentally concede the game as soon as the opposition take the lead.

I enjoyed vanishingly few home games in 2021/22, even a few of the wins were a very tough watch.

Membership works well for me, yes it's an added cost I could do without, but it gives me a chance of getting the 2 or 3 tickets together in reasonable seats for the 6-10 games I can get to.

Back