• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season Ticket Discussion 2024/25

Will you renew?

• Total voters
By the way I'm not judging anyone who does renew - I could if I wanted to, I'm 95% sure I'm not, that is up to me.

I'll be back one day.

I'm not going anywhere off here.

I don't want to give it up but also have sympathy for others that have been priced out because of greed. I will still renew mine but I don't have to be happy about what they've done.
Probably where I stand, I’ve managed to keep my old man reduction for now.
I find it both scandalous and sad that lifelong Wolves fans are now not able to renew.
I was enthused when Fosun took over in 2016 but like most fans now I wish they’d just fuck off.

Wonder if they’ll introduce a raffle machine to queue at to get a ticket to queue at the wall screens to queue at the refreshment bar this season too

PTS knows where his bread is buttered, so no real indictment from him. Just pretty much a straight reporting of the facts.

It’s sad reading how many people may not even go to a game next season

On the bright side, the matchday threads are going to be soooo much fun
It was already going to be my final season due to a combination of personal circumstances and my sons last at U17, so whether it's this season or next, I think I'll just lose interest. I don't particularly like watching matches on tele or streams, my marriage to Wolves is attending home games, like any marriage if that goes wrong you are best with a clean divorce. I might come back for an old times sake shag when we are back in the Championship and ticket prices are below £30.

PTS knows where his bread is buttered, so no real indictment from him. Just pretty much a straight reporting of the facts.
Will be fair at this point and say all he has intended there is a "this has happened" piece.

Interesting though to see if he follows up with an opinion based article looking at the issues.

Jeff has been a smart fucker on this, by not doing a general release the media folk are having to dig around SM to get the details. Nothing instantly there for them. Liam spent most of the morning asking for tweets to show prices.
They won't want to jump into with something that isn't true, Jeff has played a twats blinder to slow the punches back from the media.

Will be fair at this point and say all he has intended there is a "this has happened" piece.

Interesting though to see if he follows up with an opinion based article looking at the issues.

Jeff has been a smart fucker on this, by not doing a general release the media folk are having to dig around SM to get the details. Nothing instantly there for them. Liam spent most of the morning asking for tweets to show prices.
They won't want to jump into with something that isn't true, Jeff has played a twats blinder to slow the punches back from the media.

Prices and story on the official website now.

How generous to offer a season ticket in the uncovered for those who can't afford any of the main stands.

You can't put a price on these moments...Do home defeats v Bournemouth and Palace not help send the prices the other way?

View attachment 10463
I imagine we'll get some kind of refund for abberations like that in this new market...

Even successful CEOs with air cover from the Board can make mistakes that tip things over. This feels like one to me. If it were against the backdrop of a strong team investing in improvement you could picture a scene where it's all brushed under the carpet come August. Given we're more likely to be starting happy with a point at home against a promoted team with our best player or two replaced by Championship cloggers it does feel like this is a more likely a Ratner moment.

Oh, and we're called Wolves, not the Old fckin Gold. Put that in the bin with your price elasticity calcs.

Statement by the Wolves 1877 Trust

The Wolves 1877 Trust is outraged by the size of the increase for season ticket renewals announced by the club today.

These increases are way above the rate of inflation and have further increased costs associated with attending a football match. It's clear the club is putting profit before its loyal fan base.

The increase is an affront to loyal match-going fans who have seen excessive year-on-year increases since we returned to the Premier League in 2018.

This increase is at a time when the club is experiencing record revenues through TV money and sponsorship.

The club in their engagement meetings with the Trust have been proud to promote having the cheapest prices for children in the league. The above 100% increase there is a devastating blow to families who attend games and ends the reasonable prices for the future fans of the club.

We have been happy to support the club on stances such as VAR and we feel they have listened to fans views on this but it's clear they haven't listened to our views on ticketing. The club's senior management only listens when the narrative suits them.

We are unhappy that fans are expected to pay more when the facilities at Molineux have not improved and there are no plans to redevelop the stadium.

We are calling on season ticket holders to take an unprecedented stance and send a message to the club by boycotting the renewal process. This sadly is the only way we can see the club changing course.

We will be asking for an urgent meeting with Jeff Shi, Matt Wild and Russell Jones to discuss our concerns.

You can't put a price on these moments...Do home defeats v Bournemouth and Palace not help send the prices the other way?

View attachment 10463

I mean do they think people will buy this bullshit? All the victories they’ve highlighted were pre Xmas.
Good bit of confirmation bias on their behalf and again more board room propaganda.

There’s about 900 seats in the uncovered area, still very overpriced for sitting in the open air in the middle of winter.

Back