• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rotherham (H) Build Up

--------------------------------------------Carl Ikeme.

-----Dominic Iorfa----------Mike Williamson-----Kortney Hause-------Matt Doherty.

----------------------------------Jack Price----------Romain Saiss.

-------------------------------------------Ben Marshall.

---------------Hélder Costa-----------------------------------------------Ivan Cavaleiro.

--------------------------------------------Nouha Dicko.

Swap Marshall and Cav around and that's what I'd go for too. Stopping the hoofball has to be the priority though. Play through the thirds and use the pace and technique of the front 4.

Swap Marshall and Cav around and that's what I'd go for too. Stopping the hoofball has to be the priority though. Play through the thirds and use the pace and technique of the front 4.

Agreed, I would love that to be the team.

I predict one change, Dicko for Bod and Williamson not even in the 18. He won't change the back 5 because they kept a clean sheet and he knows Weimann and Marshall from his previous jobs, so he'll keep them in.

I predict one change, Dicko for Bod and Williamson not even in the 18. He won't change the back 5 because they kept a clean sheet and he knows Weimann and Marshall from his previous jobs, so he'll keep them in.

No chance he doesn't put Costa in this game for either Marshall or Weimann out wide, he'd get absolutely slaughtered by the crowd as we know they're such a friendly bunch.

No chance he doesn't put Costa in this game for either Marshall or Weimann out wide, he'd get absolutely slaughtered by the crowd as we know they're such a friendly bunch.
Perhaps it shows my lack of confidence in Lambert, but playing all 3 involves Edwards not at 10....

Perhaps it shows my lack of confidence in Lambert, but playing all 3 involves Edwards not at 10....

I think he'll play Edwards at 10 but only one of Marshall or Weimann out wide. I think the bloke's a shit tactician in the Owen Coyle (moved up from Saunders) class who really isn't a very good manager as his selections have shown. I hope he keeps us up and finds another job in the summer.

------Ikeme

Iorfa--Williamson--Hause--
Doherty

-----price---Saiss

Costa---Bright---Cavaleiro

---------Dicko

Imo that is the best 11 we can currently field. It is perfectly capable of playing good football and scoring goals. It won't be the team we see though, Marshall and Edwards will play for bright and Cav and probably Batth will keep his place

the thing that almost everybody have a different back four says a lot about our defenders

the thing that almost everybody have a different back four says a lot about our defenders

Most people have the same three but just have a different view on which shitshovel should be played at left back as the fourth player

This is where is gets interesting for me.

Suppose I don't mind the defence sticking, after the clean sheet. (But really, where is Iorfa, not happy about that)

Does he keep Saiss + Price, or at least keep Saiss, like he should?

Do Costa and Cav play? If so, who goes? Because it REALLY should be Dave Edwards. Either of them could directly replace him and do a better job. My arse running round flapping your arms. My arse high workrate. My arse late runs into the box. I'm bored of your shit Dave. Have the balls to drop him Lambert.

costa and cav need to play

----------------------Ikeme------------------------

Iorfa---------Williamson-------Hause---------Breslin

------------Saiss-----------Price---------------------

------Costa--------Enobakhare-------Marshall--------

--------------------Dicko--------------------------------

Subs: Burgoyne, Batth, Coady, Gibbs-White, Weimann, Cavaleiro, Bodvarsson

I don't think Cav is going to be ready to start, we took a gamble chucking him on the bench last night, presumably in the eventuality that we were 1-0 down with 20 to go and needed a goal. Besides which, Marshall has done ok in the last two games by all accounts.

Not interested in having tripe like Stearman, Doherty and non-purple patch Edwards in the squad at all, they're shit.

2016/17: D 2-2 (A)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2014/15: W 5-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2013/14: W 6-4 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2008/9: D 0-0 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2004/5: W 2-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2002/3: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A), D 4-4 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2001/2: W 2-1 (H), W 3-0 (A)

Rotherham have never won at Molineux.

If we don't win this then we may as well give up.

Capture.png

If we had a decent home record we'd be in a good position. We've had some horrific games at Molineux...No excuse for not trying at home

Capture.png

Not bottom on PPG though he says, clutching at straws.

Anyway we're going to win on Saturday. BELIEVE.

Our lowest number of home wins at this level since we came back up in 1989 is seven - 2000/01, 2012/13 and last season. We *should* be able to at least equal that. Should.

Been pretty grim watching us at Molineux for the last 18 months or so though, 46 points from 39 games. We used to do better than that at home in the Premier League.

Edit: Just checked (all from 19 games):

2003/4: 26 points
2009/10: 21 points
2010/11: 28 points
2011/12: 12 points

Total: 87 points (1.14 PPG) as opposed to 1.18 PPG since the start of 2015/16. Ok, so not better. Not much worse though and that's including an outlier of a season where we were beyond horrific and miles out of our depth. Mick's first two seasons in the PL combined produced a higher PPG return as did Dave Jones' one season, and he's a man who has no tactics at all, as well as conspiring to lose two of our first three home games 4-0 and 5-0.

Langers team is the best 11 we can put out - so I fully expect the likes of Saville, Coady, Edwards & Batth to feature.

Lambert has lost me already, I'm afraid.

Lose this and we will go down.

Capture.png

Not bottom on PPG though he says, clutching at straws.

Anyway we're going to win on Saturday. BELIEVE.

In the whole of the EFL we are 70th out of 72 with our home record Orient and Newport are below. Speaks volumes

You could argue that Rotherham Wigan and Wolves deserve to be relegated for their home form alone.

In the whole of the EFL we are 70th out of 72 with our home record Orient and Newport are below. Speaks volumes

You could argue that Rotherham Wigan and Wolves deserve to be relegated for their home form alone.
Why, do away points count for less?

Back