• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation 24/25 Thread

Gary O'Neil can talk about what he asks his full backs to do all he likes. I've had the misfortune to watch Matt Doherty play since 2011 and he doesn't show wingers outside, he doesn't do any defending at all (he even makes jokes about it in interviews. Well I don't find it fucking funny, Matthew).

Whatever Lima's status is at the moment in terms of development, he isn't a worse defender than who he chose to bring on yesterday because no-one in the entire league is, and he offers a hell of a lot more besides that.

By your fucking definition of competitive, he hasn't played a Prem game yet. I saw enough to form an opinion and understand why GON went with what he thought was the safety first bet. Hopefully he's having second thoughts now.
Rude.

Honestly tho you can't glean anything of real substance from preseason. They're glorified exercise scrimmages.

If Lima starts and plays well against Brighton , then I see no reason why he can't make a PL squad from here on in .

Rude.

Honestly tho you can't glean anything of real substance from preseason. They're glorified exercise scrimmages.
Bullshit.
Most people who saw him for the first time against Rayo enjoyed his performance and saw what a prospect he is.
These games aren't really friendlies as players certainly put themselves about and compete. They are playing for their place in the team so you can certainly see positives and negatives. League games add extra pressure and you then see how they handle that and that is where you need to be really careful with young players.

There is no way you'd put him up against Gordon when you have Semedo and by the time we made the change, Newcastle had an even better player foraging down that side so that was a no go.

Pre-season games are for trying a few things and seeing how youngsters might handle big games and that's what we did. They are not glorified scrimmages at all... those games would be behind closed doors at Compton and the like.

If Lima starts and plays well against Brighton , then I see no reason why he can't make a PL squad from here on in .
Can't see him starting but I'd certainly play him ahead of Doc as a sub.
Edit: Just seen GON's comment so maybe he will start.

If we continue to play out from the back against teams that press hard and continue to play Hwang wide and Doherty anywhere relegation seems very likely to me. We won’t win many games having 15 minutes of good play in any 45.

Bullshit.
Most people who saw him for the first time against Rayo enjoyed his performance and saw what a prospect he is.
These games aren't really friendlies as players certainly put themselves about and compete. They are playing for their place in the team so you can certainly see positives and negatives. League games add extra pressure and you then see how they handle that and that is where you need to be really careful with young players.

There is no way you'd put him up against Gordon when you have Semedo and by the time we made the change, Newcastle had an even better player foraging down that side so that was a no go.

Pre-season games are for trying a few things and seeing how youngsters might handle big games and that's what we did. They are not glorified scrimmages at all... those games would be behind closed doors at Compton and the like.
If the results are completely spurious, as they are in preseason, then the performances therein are incomparable.

The mental stress of a preseason match is magnitudes less than a live ammo PL contest. That doesn’t feel like it needs elaboration.

I mean you can tell some things from pre-season. I could tell after two friendlies that we couldn't put Jelle van Damme at left back in the Premier League.

But then Silas looked like a potential Ballon D'Or winner in his summer 2003 outings.

Nothing at all that Pedro Lima did in those games suggests that Matt Doherty is a better or more sensible option. The manager has gone down that road and it's already cost us at least three goals, because Matt Doherty is fucking SHIT.

When @Squeak said America I was assuming he meant South America - is that not correct?

Bullshit.

All those words to tell us you know nothing about football.

I'm not even sure you've actually played a single game of it in your life by the sound of things.

USA friendlies?
Correct.
I do watch some Sth American footy though but didn't see Lima for Sport Recife, given he played very few times for them. And, it must be remembered that Lima has had very few professional games in his career so far. So throwing him in to the Prem after less than 20 professional game is something of a gamble.

All those words to tell us you know nothing about football.

I'm not even sure you've actually played a single game of it in your life by the sound of things.
Fucking comedian. I'm not even sure you watch Wolves. Just come on here for the wind up.

So throwing him in to the Prem after less than 20 professional game is something of a gamble.
We have one point so far. In the game where we garnered that solitary point, Doherty came on after about 80 minutes and Forest immediately targeted every attack down his side and looked likely to score at any given moment.

We've lost the rest, he was personally at fault for two goals against Chelsea and the winner against Newcastle. He contributes absolutely nothing going forward unless we park him in his bespoke role that he had from 2017-2020, which isn't viable. As he can't run, cross or beat a man.

Got to be honest, I'd take the gamble. Because I don't actually see how it could be worse.

When @Squeak said America I was assuming he meant South America - is that not correct?
No, Walter saw him in America on a pre-season friendly and the rest of the time on his telly from a long way away.

Gave him enough time to form an opinion apparently.

Don't think Walter goes to Molineux anymore...

We have one point so far. In the game where we garnered that solitary point, Doherty came on after about 80 minutes and Forest immediately targeted every attack down his side and looked likely to score at any given moment.

We've lost the rest, he was personally at fault for two goals against Chelsea and the winner against Newcastle.

Got to be honest, I'd take the gamble. Because I don't actually see how it could be worse.
And me, now. Easy to be wise after the event. I can understand GON's reluctance and why he went with what he thought was the safer bet. All we can hope he has learned.

We've lost the rest, he was personally at fault for two goals against Chelsea and the winner against Newcastle. He contributes absolutely nothing going forward unless we park him in his bespoke role that he had from 2017-2020, which isn't viable. As he can't run, cross or beat a man.

GoN is clearly going down the 'experienced' route of picking players rather than actual ability.

Limited coaches do this when they are struggling. Usually just before said 'experience' gets the manager the sack.

No, Walter saw him in America on a pre-season friendly and the rest of the time on his telly from a long way away.

Gave him enough time to form an opinion apparently.

Don't think Walter goes to Molineux anymore...

I spend a lot of my time in the USA and a fair bit in the UK. I always go to games at Mol when I am over.
And given you don't fucking go at all, who the fuck are you to have a go at me in this way?

I have my opinion. You have yours. No problem. Now stop being a twat.

I spend a lot of my time in the USA and a fair bit in the UK. I always go to games at Mol when I am over.
And given you don't fucking go at all, who the fuck are you to have a go at me in this way?

I have my opinion. You have yours. No problem. Now stop being a twat.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm a season ticket holder you silly little Walter

Tell the truth you haven't been in years

Back