• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading 0-0 Verdict Thread

Of their fading top-six hopes, Jackett said: "It's a big call, we need a really good run, but we're close to being a very good side.

What the actual fuck? Where's the signs that we are close to being anywhere near very good.

I've said it facebook and I'll repeat it here, but why Deluded Kenny keeps banging on about 'putting a really good run together to reach the palayoffs' is only matched by the stupidity of perhaps offering VLP an extended contract (according to the Bullshit & Stir).
I can understand him threading that spangled thread of glitter in the changing room, but fucking hell, I really don't want to hear him say it again.

I can live with him offering RVLP a contract. There is a modicum of sense in that.

However, banging on about a good run to make the playoffs when we are trying to bore READING off the park is fucking delusional.

Ken seems to have reached a very different conclusion to those who went to the game.

I wonder just how much the injuries to the likes of Dicko and Graham have affected things. Having key players missing long term would disrupt most teams.

Of course we miss them, but that doesn't mean you have to play defensive tactics with players that were surplus to requirements a month ago.

I tweeted before the game:

'A lot of Wolves fans have had there doubts about Jackett all season and then every week he seems to do something to confirm those doubts.'

Our first sub came on with 10 minutes to go, again.

Almost last on The Football League Show - at least they've improved their performance since the start of the season which is more than we have.

How did Henry not score!!

Almost last on The Football League Show - at least they've improved their performance since the start of the season which is more than we have.

How did Henry not score!!
Ive just watched it and I'm gobsmacked. Id have put that away whilst reading a copy of Rail and drinking a cup of tea (Black with two sweetners)

I can live with him offering RVLP a contract. There is a modicum of sense in that.

He isn't fit to lace the boots of Kightly or Jarvis. Kightly cost £60K from non-league and he was ten times the player. Players who made a fist of it in the PL. He gives the awful Konchesky the run about and he's resurrected. VLP like the others who had extended contacts are great signings if you wish to have a mid-table team.

He isn't fit to lace the boots of Kightly or Jarvis. Kightly cost £60K from non-league and he was ten times the player. Players who made a fist of it in the PL. He gives the awful Konchesky the run about and he's resurrected. VLP like the others who had extended contacts are great signings if you wish to have a mid-table team.

I agree that both Kightly and Jarvis were better than VLP but it helped playing in a team that played to their strengths. We don't play to any of VLP's strengths at all, in fact we don't play to any of our players strengths. What a shit fucking season.

I agree that both Kightly and Jarvis were better than VLP but it helped playing in a team that played to their strengths. We don't play to any of VLP's strengths at all, in fact we don't play to any of our players strengths. What a $#@! $#@!ing season.
Which strength? Is it his constant falling over, giving the ball away after pratting about or shooting (badly) when he should pass. 3 good performances in a Wolves shirt but absolutely shocking most of the time.

I wonder just how much the injuries to the likes of Dicko and Graham have affected things. Having key players missing long term would disrupt most teams.

Frank, by this time of the season virtually all teams have injuries. Coping with injuries is part of a manager's job. Sure we've some players out, but that doesn't mean 10 men behind the ball against teams we should hammer, aiming 60 yards punts at an isolated striker

Despite what people on here think, KJ has said he was very pleased with the teams performance and attitude yesterday.

Because they did exactly what he asked of them.

Despite what people on here think, KJ has said he was very pleased with the teams performance and attitude yesterday.

He set up not to lose and that's what he got, so he will be pleased, where people on here wanted us to set up to win.

How can any manager be happy with a team that was unable to score against a team lacking form and confidence?

He set up not to lose and that's what he got, so he will be pleased, where people on here wanted us to set up to win.

How can any manager be happy with a team that was unable to score against a team lacking form and confidence?

Agreed. I was disappointed with how we set up yesterday, but reading what KJ said, I expect we will set up like that again.

Back