• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

If you look at all those teams geographically they all very close to the border of the neighbouring country ie within 30 miles.celtic however are 70+ miles from the border.

This is true. I can't think of any other examples as it stands. Well, Tenerife is obviously miles off the Spanish coast but it's still their territory.

I think the referendum is in like 2014 so hopefully it wouldn't be a problem if Rangers go bust this year ;) :L

Sorry if this has gone a bit off-topic with the Celtic related posts but I suppose it is kind of related to Rangers in a way i.e the different situations that may occur if they go down!

screw rangers fans are a tad racist and don't seem to know bullets work.

Bit harsh! :L As much as I dislike Rangers I do believe you cant tarnish all fans with the same brush. You get idiots in every team but it doesn't mean all the fans are like that! I mean I hate it when people say stuff like 'oh they Celtic fans glorifying terrorist groups, the club should be shut down ect.....' just because there are some morons doesn't mean we are all like that ;)

Bit harsh! :L As much as I dislike Rangers I do believe you cant tarnish all fans with the same brush. You get idiots in every team but it doesn't mean all the fans are like that! I mean I hate it when people say stuff like 'oh they Celtic fans glorifying terrorist groups, the club should be shut down ect.....' just because there are some morons doesn't mean we are all like that ;)

I like celtic so i would never say that. and your spot on i was just being o.t.t It's always a shame when a club goes on the brink but i think rangers will go bust. harsh but true

I like celtic so i would never say that. and your spot on i was just being o.t.t It's always a shame when a club goes on the brink but i think rangers will go bust. harsh but true

Good man ;)

I don't feel any sympathy towards Rangers on the brink! They got themselves in that position with all their spending, it was only a matter of time it would come back and bite them. IF they do go bust I really hope we have a plan of action to continue to compete!

When you look back at some of the players Rangers had in the 90s, it's pretty staggering. Brian Laudrup and Gazza in that league!

Good man ;)

I don't feel any sympathy towards Rangers on the brink! They got themselves in that position with all their spending, it was only a matter of time it would come back and bite them. IF they do go bust I really hope we have a plan of action to continue to compete!

it will make scottish football be celtic champions over and over and over I hope the likes of motherwell can compete and get to the dizzy heights of top of the spl

andorra play in spain

Andorra top team do but Andorra is tiny so ou are never more than 35 miles from the French/Spanish border. National team occasionally play in Barcelona when they play a large nation ie Italy, holland or England. Any other they smaller nation they play in la Vella the capital.

When you look back at some of the players Rangers had in the 90s, it's pretty staggering. Brian Laudrup and Gazza in that league!

It is but this is why they are now in this situation. Overpspending in their 'glory days' and now its coming back to haunt them. We were in a similar position (almost going bust) before Fergus McCann literally saved us and since then we have been stable while Rangers just kept spending. It was always going to happen!

it will make scottish football be celtic champions over and over and over I hope the likes of motherwell can compete and get to the dizzy heights of top of the spl

Yeah the previous discussions in this thread have been Celtic maybe competing in the English Leagues in years to come but as you say if this doesn't happen I would hope there would be a bit of investment in the league and 'smaller' teams can start competing. When you see teams like Aberdeen, Dundee United ect.... that were able to compete years and years ago, I'd hope it would go back to that!

It is but this is why they are now in this situation. Overpspending in their 'glory days' and now its coming back to haunt them. We were in a similar position (almost going bust) before Fergus McCann literally saved us and since then we have been stable while Rangers just kept spending. It was always going to happen!

Yeah the previous discussions in this thread have been Celtic maybe competing in the English Leagues in years to come but as you say if this doesn't happen I would hope there would be a bit of investment in the league and 'smaller' teams can start competing. When you see teams like Aberdeen, Dundee United ect.... that were able to compete years and years ago, I'd hope it would go back to that!

No offence intended I don't celtic could make it in the premier league and will struggle in the championship if they ever came down to the english leagues. But saying that celtic park would be a fortress especially with the long journeys etc

No offence intended I don't celtic could make it in the premier league and will struggle in the championship if they ever came down to the english leagues. But saying that celtic park would be a fortress especially with the long journeys etc

In the Premier League as is stands? Yes I think we would struggle, with more income if we moved to the English Leagues? No I think we could hold our own. At present IMO we have a strong enough team to challenge for play off places/promotion in the Championship. Hooper top goal scorer in that league with Scunthorpe, Izaguirre, Kayal, Ki ect ... all been linked with big moves away to top teams in the Premier League. We have a really good crop of youngsters coming through the ranks as well, so I wouldn't write us off completely!

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with Celtic starting in the 2nd division if Pompey went bust and then everyone squashing up, however, is there any point in Celtic walking division 2 and 1 just for a point to be made, so maybe the should just take Pompey's place. In fact let's just kick Birmingham out tomorrow and let Celtic take their place.

In the Premier League as is stands? Yes I think we would struggle, with more income if we moved to the English Leagues? No I think we could hold our own. At present IMO we have a strong enough team to challenge for play off places/promotion in the Championship. Hooper top goal scorer in that league with Scunthorpe, Izaguirre, Kayal, Ki ect ... all been linked with big moves away to top teams in the Premier League. We have a really good crop of youngsters coming through the ranks as well, so I wouldn't write us off completely!

I'm not writing you off completely. I just think you would struggle and good luck if celtic do come down but I dont think there would be much talk until rangers go bust or into admin

Northern Ireland used to have a decent league up to the 50's with a big 2 of Linfield and Belfast Celtic (imagine Glasgow on a slightly smaller scaller and more hate), then Belfast Celtic went out of business and Linfield starting winning easily year after year and people stopped paying attention and caring and the whole thing descended into the parks football it is today.

Leagues need a rivalry/competition. If theres one thing worse then a two horse race every year it is a one horse race every year.

Whilst I am no fan of Rangers, Scottish football needs them to be competitive.

Back