• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2024/25

Why would we give them more time off? Stealing a living from the club whilst they have their trotters up somewhere exotic.

Have them back training with the kids. They wouldn't alter the strength of the U21 squad.

O'Neil's stance at the end of last season was that we were better off without them, I assume that's followed on into this pre season.

Podence's inclusion suggests that he's at the very least approached the idea of training with us ahead of the new season with a bit of positivity/professionalism. The least I'd expect of any player really.

I wouldn't want someone with Fábio Silva's attitude around our youth players anyway. Let him sit around braiding his hair, playing teddy bears picnic with Todd Cantwell and watching Xavi Simons on TV while the grown ups sort out which club has to babysit him next season.

I would too, but out of the 3 he's the one most likely to be sold. The other two are loan out somewhere, anywhere closer to deadline candidates.

Podence not being a complete dick is a good player. Can play off the left or right and do the job Sarabia does if he leaves.

It would be one less player to buy/ worry about and allows Hwang to just be a striker.

Podence not being a complete dick is a good player. Can play off the left or right and do the job Sarabia does if he leaves.

It would be one less player to buy/ worry about and allows Hwang to just be a striker.
Would be able to fit the system either side of the striker for sure. Just depends if he’s going to be a dick, and if he can handle not always being in the team as he wouldn’t get in the full strength team

One of the issues with Podence is he never has say, a 4/10 or 5/10 game where he was a bit off it but these things happen. He tends to be either outstanding (not that often), decent/good or appalling.

I don't think he's really an O'Neil type of player but if he's behaving properly I don't mind him being in the squad. I don't want us running attacking resources ultra-thin ever again if we can help it. Even if it means he stays for a year then leaves for free then whatever.

Of course if we get a good bid then he can go, I'm not that fussed.

I guess GON is thinking for the sake of a €5m fee he may as well have another look at him and see how he stands in the squad.

Thing is we didn't have a choice there if Olympiacos had pulled their finger out, the deal was done, they coughed up and Gaz wouldn't have had a say either way.

I suspect the option has lapsed now, there normally is a finite date with them. Well that's their problem. We can certainly get that kind of fee off someone else.

Looks like Premier Sports have rights to the West Ham friendly (no news on the Palace one as yet), their prices are ridiculous though so unless they come up with some kind of offer it'll be a dodgy stream for me. I'm not paying that for friendlies.

I'll pay a reasonable price, I did subscribe to them for our Europa League qualifiers, forget how much it was but it was definitely less than that and I knew that barring us doing something daft it was at least three games.

PSports1.png

I don't think it's not been announced, but I'd imagine the Portuguese lads will have at least another week. They only lost 10 days ago

Shame we couldn't have got them while we are in Marbella.

Back