• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

Might be a stupid question, but if I got a job offer in the UK I wouldn't be able to get a work visa? I haven't kept up on the changes as I have no ambition of moving there anytime soon but figured "qualified" working people would still be able to get a work visa as it is still a boost to the gov (taxes) and keeps people moving. Which is to say, I thought they wanted to drive down the "unqualified" immigration
Football has its own set of rules for now. All depending on where you've managed (ie should be a "top" league, Primeira Liga counts) and also how long (not very in his case) and how recently (he's been out of work for a year).

The debate is whether his time in charge of Benfica B counts.

It's all stupid but hey, Brexit and all that.

Football has its own set of rules for now. All depending on where you've managed (ie should be a "top" league, Primeira Liga counts) and also how long (not very in his case).

The debate is whether his time in charge of Benfica B counts.

It's all stupid but hey, Brexit and all that.
Fair game. Seems a bit dumb as an outsider, but hey who am I to comment on that. Thanks!

The work permit stuff could be a valid reason for delay. Couldn't be applied for before Nuno left and we know he needs an exemption appeal.
We delayed announcing Marcal until he had his WP.

I will be hugely surprised if it is anyone other than Lage taking over.

Oh, feel free to comment.

It absolutely is dumb.
Ah no, you've all had my share of EU-centrism here before. Suffice it to say I almost got myself employed by the EU a couple months ago. :D

As for the manager, my position really hasn't changed. However, it seems a lot of options have since opened up with tons of managers leaving their posts. We could try and get a more established name in. I love Lage but I'm nervous that he'll bit more than he can chew with the EPL. Playing Tondela or Arouca on a cold rainy night is not the same as playing any club in the EPL, even those generally in relegation scraps.

By the way Joel on a personal level, if you had a job offer here then I am 99.99999% sure you would be ok with your qualifications and English level.

Basically they've stopped a problem that doesn't exist.

On a footballing level, we now can't sign any non-UK/Irish players under the age of 18. No ifs, no buts.

We also wouldn't have been able to sign Neto in 2019.

By the way Joel on a personal level, if you had a job offer here then I am 99.99999% sure you would be ok with your qualifications and English level.

Basically they've stopped a problem that doesn't exist.

On a footballing level, we now can't sign any non-UK/Irish players under the age of 18. No ifs, no buts.

We also wouldn't have been able to sign Neto in 2019.
It's a clear manoeuvre against our ascension to the elite. No more Portuguese players! :LOL: It's all weird.

Thanks for the thought, good to know, we never know what may turn up.

“Quiet”. It’s been less than a week since Nuno left 😂
There seemed to be lots of snippets of information earlier in the week but not so many now. I was simply speculating that is because they want Lage and until they know whether he’ll get a WP everything has quietened down.

Weirdly though they keep saying "it opens up South American/Asian markets". Eh?

So we're alright to sign Willian José (or whichever is his shit equivalent who hasn't played in Europe) and Dongda He, but not Pedro Neto? Well that makes a lot of sense.

I think eventually the football bit of it will get back to somewhere near normal eventually, it's just finding whichever gaping loopholes the idiots have left in the laws.

Or they are doing a proper manager hunt and looking to interview to find the best person for the job. Especially with new managers available (or at least I hope that’s the case)
I hope it's this

I wonder if all is quiet as they’re trying to sort a work permit for Lage?
More likely this. I'd be amazed if he didn't get a WP on appeal

The FAs rules regarding players (and coaches) reflect what they've wanted for years. Brexit gave them the opportunity to implement them without worrying about those pesky EU rules.
Under the UK government rules I
any footballer joining the Premier league would qualify (I think).

Weirdly though they keep saying "it opens up South American/Asian markets". Eh?

So we're alright to sign Willian José (or whichever is his shit equivalent who hasn't played in Europe) and Dongda He, but not Pedro Neto? Well that makes a lot of sense.

I think eventually the football bit of it will get back to somewhere near normal eventually, it's just finding whichever gaping loopholes the idiots have left in the laws.
South America is because of tournaments like Copa Libertadores I think. Not sure on Asia, maybe that is to do with Asian champions league

There seemed to be lots of snippets of information earlier in the week but not so many now. I was simply speculating that is because they want Lage and until they know whether he’ll get a WP everything has quietened down.
there were't "lots of snippets of information". We knew Nuno was off. That's all we knew.
Everything else was at best speculation, more likely total guesswork, with a small amount of malicious gossip.

there were't "lots of snippets of information". We knew Nuno was off. That's all we knew.
Everything else was at best speculation, more likely total guesswork, with a small amount of malicious gossip.
Early in the week there seemed to be a lot more speculation in the press and on social media. Maybe it’s now old news now, maybe they got bored of making stuff up, or maybe we’re in a lull waiting for news about a WP.

Christophe Galtier has left Lille, literally 2 x days after they pipped PSG to the Ligue 1 title by a point. Talk about going out on top! Potentially another name to throw in to the mix.

I very loosely saw a link to Conte this morning but assumed immediately that it was complete BS so dismissed it straight away.

This process may take longer than many originally thought, considering the number of clubs who find themselves without a manager at the moment.

Christophe Galtier has left Lille, literally 2 x days after they pipped PSG to the Ligue 1 title by a point. Talk about going out on top! Potentially another name to throw in to the mix.
Taking the Nice job. Been linked to it since April and all but confirmed this week

Back