• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

Conte literally falls out with those above him at every job he takes. He's a headache and I doubt Jeff would want put up with it, tbh.

Doesn't mean they played unbelievably well every game. We won some games this season too...
Winning (or not losing) when you don’t play well is the sign of a good side...

To be honest, I couldn’t care less how they played (other than my Mrs’ dad being a season ticket holder there, so I’d like them to do well for him). But dismissing the achievement of going a whole season where his side haven’t lost a single game because “the quality of football in Scotland is a bit shit”, is a bit... shit.

Losing to St Mirren in the Cup tho..

Gerrard has done a great job at Rangers. They were a proper mess when he arrived. Away from the beat Celtic, win the league status he has also made them a decent European outfit.
All done with a 97 year old Goalkeeper, 85 year old Defoe and a striker that generally gets more suspension time than goals.

Last edited:
I can understand the hate for Lampard, used to come over as a right twat in pressers and interview. Not sure what Gerrard has ever done to offend anyone

You couldn't look at Gerrard as a long term manager. He'd be off as soon as the Liverpool job came up. Lampard would be a no from me..

I wonder if all is quiet as they’re trying to sort a work permit for Lage?

I wonder if all is quiet as they’re trying to sort a work permit for Lage?
Or they are doing a proper manager hunt and looking to interview to find the best person for the job. Especially with new managers available (or at least I hope that’s the case)

There are some decent managers coming up for grabs , especially in the last 48 hrs. They have obviously heard that Nuno has gone.

As has probably been said - Zenga was in a day after Ken left (when Jeff sacked him after stumbling out of the Tap & Stile on a Friday night) and Nuno was clearly lined up well before we formally sacked Lambert, he was installed in very little time.

We haven't gone down that road this time. More like when we thought "right, Walt can't do this job any more and Silva doesn't want it" and it took longer to sort out.

There really is no rush anyway. The players obviously need to be kept in the loop throughout with what's going on.

No softening on my stance towards Lage in the last few days, I don't want him. I'm sure he has some qualities but he doesn't seem to fit anything we want to do.

Or they are doing a proper manager hunt and looking to interview to find the best person for the job. Especially with new managers available (or at least I hope that’s the case)
It's a proper manager merry go round at the moment! The Wolves job could go to a raft of candidates....

“Quiet”. It’s been less than a week since Nuno left 😂
Indeed. And Jinks is normally hopping mad we haven't signed anyone by now, he's getting mellow in his old age :D

Lage isn’t getting a permit. Simple as that.
Might be a stupid question, but if I got a job offer in the UK I wouldn't be able to get a work visa? I haven't kept up on the changes, as I have no ambition of moving there anytime soon, but figured "qualified" working people would still be able to get a work visa. Because it is still a boost to the gov (taxes) and keeps people moving. Which is to say, I thought they wanted to drive down the "unqualified" immigration

Back