• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

PNE 1-1 Wolves

we would be far better off if it had been Afobe who was injured instead of Dicko - Dicko offers us more of a threat up front

I mean that statement above is so wrong. Stop drinking man.

From what I was listening to on WW, probably the most repeated phrase was variations of:
"That was a good cross, he just put a bit too much on it..."
"Another foot and he'd have made contact with that.."
"He's done well there but the quality with the final ball isn't great"
"We're seriously lacking a quality pass in the final third..."
These all the way through and right into time added on when Golbourne had a free kick in a set piece near their box, "That was a terrible waste, it just went over everyone's head..."

Followed by, "Wolves need to calm down, play possession football, pass the ball accurately, but do it at speed, the way they're playing now, it's just making it so easy for Preston to get possession", and, "Wolves are just giving the ball away, they're not making Preston pay for only having 9 men on the pitch. We have such huge numerical advantage and we're just not taking advantage of it/making Preston work hard enough for it."

Preston should have been run into the ground, they should have been well and truly broken, but it seems like it was the Wolves players who came off holding their heads....

Just seen the goals. Brilliant finish from Kev. Right in the top corner.

If I was being harsh I'd say that Hause came across for and got nowhere near the ball forward for their goal. Can't blame him for the finish though. Maybe McDonald could have made a sturdier challenge but Johnson did well to dodge him and finished nicely.

Is Afobe still worth £12m?

Obviously we are all disappointed, we play what is probably our best team of the season and only come away with a draw against one of the poorer teams down to 9 men, That said, we are not gunna get wholesale changes at this stage of the season and so imo we need to stick to the nucleus of this side and play this formation. Jackett needs a couple of wins soon or he is gunna be in deep shit

Obviously we are all disappointed, we play what is probably our best team of the season and only come away with a draw against one of the poorer teams down to 9 men, That said, we are not gunna get wholesale changes at this stage of the season and so imo we need to stick to the nucleus of this side and play this formation. Jackett needs a couple of wins soon or he is gunna be in deep $#@!

I would generally agree with this but the worry is - as great as Coady has been if Price and McDonald happen to be the best pairing then that ought not be broken up! Perhaps a bit of a dilemma after the Fulham game when he is available again

I've not seen Coady play yet but if he's as good as Price then I've no issue with him playing, as I said todays team should be the basis with a few minor tweaks where/when necessary

I would generally agree with this but the worry is - as great as Coady has been if Price and McDonald happen to be the best pairing then that ought not be broken up! Perhaps a bit of a dilemma after the Fulham game when he is available again

Totally agree. We've drawn 2 on the bounce, which in terms of our early season form is an improvement! We should try and loom at this as a foundation to push on, using the same team (maybe Byrne for RVLP) but other than that let the team have a chance at creating some cohesion.

Yeah let's just win on Tuesday and we'll only be 3 points from playoffs

He's missing Dicko and Sako.

As are the whole squad.

Thats why you buy in the summer. We dont learn. Last Year injuries in Nov cost us as our squad lacked depth. Deja vu guys Im afraid. Cant get excited about a point with a last gasp wonder strike against 9 men. Troubling times

I've sat here for ages trying to put that performance into words. In the end I think I'm going to stick to the mantra 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'.

All I'll say is that I've booked my Wolves games all the way up to the end of November. If it hasn't improved past then I probably wont bother going in the new year. Shame really as I enjoyed the day out but I just can't justify spending so much money on such a poor team right now.

A word on the racist scumbags stood on the back row today. Don't bother coming next time. We don't want cunts like you polluting our air while we're trying to watch the football. Fuming.

Im struggling to motivate myself to go next Saturday which is un heard of for myself such is my apathy at the moment.
My biggest worry is if we don't improve soon we could get sucked into a relegation battle which is not a good place to be when your squad lacks experience.

Im struggling to motivate myself to go next Saturday which is un heard of for myself such is my apathy at the moment.
My biggest worry is if we don't improve soon we could get sucked into a relegation battle which is not a good place to be when your squad lacks experience.

I'm going next sat but it's going to be such an effort. Down Friday night, staying in a shit hotel then back up after the game. £150 all round trip I reckon for a game I could've watched on Sky. Buzzin.

I'm going next sat but it's going to be such an effort. Down Friday night, staying in a $#@! hotel then back up after the game. £150 all round trip I reckon for a game I could've watched on Sky. Buzzin.

Fair play for doing it but I don't envy you I find it hard coming in from 4 miles away.

Fair play for doing it but I don't envy you I find it hard coming in from 4 miles away.

It's not hard as it's always good company pre/post match but I don't have to travel 5 1/2 hours for good company and the football is just making me angry atm.

Apologies to anyone looking for a match report, might get round to it tomorrow if I can be arsed.

It's not hard as it's always good company pre/post match but I don't have to travel 5 1/2 hours for good company and the football is just making me angry atm.

Apologies to anyone looking for a match report, might get round to it tomorrow if I can be arsed.

Good company? Who are you hanging round with next weekend?! 😉

Back