• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil In, Out and Shaking it all about

I think he's safe until Palace, if we don't win before then he shouldn't be. Also remember within this shit run was a defeat against them when they played us off the pitch at home

Not convinced by the idea of Southgate. I guess it could be third time lucky with former England managers.

As Langers said the in-game management now compared to under Nuno is night and day. The key thing then was everyone knew their role and he instilled the discipline needed to ensure they did those roles. The opposition often had lots of shots but the vast majority were blocked within a couple of yards of the shooter as we were organised. Under GO it’s disorganised, players like RAN, Lemina and Gomes get caught far too far forwards time and again, and consequently we leak good chances like a sieve. The longer GO stays the more relegation becomes probable rather than possible.

Trust me if we’re sat on 2 points in mid November Jeff will definitely have a few plop ploppies in his pants.

Yes but forget last season. We have 1 point and we probably won't get many in the next month. We leak goals at an alarming rate. We seem to be learning no lessons. That's what will do for him.

Our "easy" November has four fixtures, one against a promoted team at home which granted, we should be looking to win...and three fixtures we lost last season.

I said as much tbh. No reason to take the shitshow at the end of last season into account at all. Other than to make it grim reading about when we last won a match.
That's their prerogative and what I expected, however there's not a reset switch that wipes last season and its memories away. 7 of Sunday's starting 11 were here, as were another 3 of the subs who came on, they are used to losing, especially at home. The way last year ended will have stayed with them, there's definitely an element of it carrying on to this. They've forgotten how to see the game out, Sunday being a prime example and I also think it plays into heads dropping and conceding quickfire goals at home.

Hopefully we’ll randomly beat Villa like we did City last year and it’ll turn things around but it doesn’t seem likely right now

I think they’re that arrogant and cocksure about everything that they think there will always be 3 sides worst than us. They’re negligent aresholes who deserve relegation
But we've known that since they signed Fabio and hired Lage to replace Nuno.

It's inevitable, unless we change the management structure at the club. I don't think Fosun need to put a penny more in, just let professionals run it. That's a Chief Exec who understands football, a DOF and Hobbs as Chief Scout but a grander title to not damage his ego. Then any decision on the manager takes cares of itself.

We might not go down this season, but it certainly feels like it’s coming soon enough.

I think it’s either this or next season, we will probably sell the last remains quality in the summer and replace it with more meh players. Could easily be this year though, I’d be very surprised if we’re still here at the start of the 26/27 season.

It’s okay guys the championship is much more fun, promise!

There’s seriously people on social media telling me this side is on a par with sides of 2018-2020.
Some of our fans are just utter clowns

Even given where we are right now, i still think a good manager and a few astute signings would see us top half.
You're absolutely right, and that's what's so depressing, because neither of those things looks like happening. As others have said, we're just a slow-motion car crash at the moment. Perversely, it seems that our only hope of survival is to keep losing and hope it restarts Shi's pacemaker.

There’s seriously people on social media telling me this side is on a par with sides of 2018-2020.
Some of our fans are just utter clowns
“People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people”

Back