• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham Forest v Wolves - Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS. That's why players go down easy Frank. If you stay on your feet you get fuck all.

Terrif ball out of defence I think by KMac to Afobe just inside OUR half nudged it forward bypassing one of their lads, then ran and ran and ran in a perfectly straight line surrounded by two Forest lads and an unidentified Wolves player possibly Dicko and as he was just outside the penalty box he whacked it right footed to the keepers right hand and as Darlow dived across to cover it it beat him for pace and tucked inside the bottom corner.
Lovely, lovely goal.
Shite defending though. Just backed off and kept doing it.

Antonio very nearly in there but Ikeme off his line in a flash. SO pleased he's back.

My mistake, just seen it again and he was the only Wolves player and he was surrounded by 4 (FOUR!!) Forest backer offers and still got a sniper's shot in.

An even better goal from behind the goal!

Sako seems to be playing some weird kind of Defensive Midfield role
It's an odd one. Almost as if we're playing a really narrow 4-1-3-2 with just one holding player and Sako and Henry alongside McDonald.

Price getting caught out too high up the pitch just. A real bugbear of mine with holding players. Just sit deep and do your job please

Forest playing like chumps now, loads of mistakes and we should be putting them to the sword here

Dowie's just said Forest should be ahead? Whats happening?

He's an idiot, they had two chances in a minute (didn't even come close to hitting the target either time), clearly if chance 1 had gone in chance 2 wouldn't have existed.

Devastating from Afobe. Runs from our own half (I think) right at the centre of the defence - some Berra style backing off helped but that's a cracking finish. Fully expect us to shut up shop now and possibly bring VLP on for the pace to hit them on the break on the hour mark.

Will be a massive win if we can hold on here. Killed the crowd as well.

VLP on. Called it.

Edwards on for Dicko too.

Looks like a standard 4-2-3-1 with Edwards behind Afobe now.

Yes penalty!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back