• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2024/25

Luton looking like a L1 team that has somehow snuck into the Championship.

So far none of that high energy stuff from last season. 2 down after 40 mins v Burnley

Yep they've been awful, piss poor defensively and completely wasteful with the ball and in particularly from set-pieces.

I think Burnley have been very good rather than Luton awful personally. Much more direct and threatening than they looked last year and taking fewer risks defensively.

Those goals are awful to concede though. One channel ball and in on goal.

That was always the way to play against Luton, they leave Mengi in so much space in the middle up against a central striker. Hwang pulled him all over the place at Molineux.

Short-lived comeback by Luton there but Burnley kill them off with a set piece.

Burnley looking like strong contenders for promotion straight off the line.

That was always the way to play against Luton, they leave Mengi in so much space in the middle up against a central striker. Hwang pulled him all over the place at Molineux.

Short-lived comeback by Luton there but Burnley kill them off with a set piece.

Burnley looking like strong contenders for promotion straight off the line.
Luton have been fairly terrible. Agree with you on Burnley.

Playing the way GoN has us set up to play but with a higher tempo

Luton have been fairly terrible. Agree with you on Burnley.

Playing the way GoN has us set up to play but with a higher tempo

So what you're saying is...you fancy Scott E Parker to take over when GoN gets sacked?

A brave call my man but noted :D

I could be wrong but I reckon that jacket Scott Parker is wearing probably has a tartan lining.

Or it's some sort of Max and Paddy tribute.

Watching Luton struggle last night made me wonder if we will do any better next Saturday .

Starting off badly is a killer , sucks any little momentum you might have gained in pre season . Can take an age to shake off too .

Here's hoping .

I could be wrong but I reckon that jacket Scott Parker is wearing probably has a tartan lining.

Or it's some sort of Max and Paddy tribute.
Slightly longer hair at the back too , seems to have lost some weight as well .

Very much a man that spends a fair bit of time looking at himself in the mirror most mornings .

Watching Luton struggle last night made me wonder if we will do any better next Saturday .

Starting off badly is a killer , sucks any little momentum you might have gained in pre season . Can take an age to shake off too .

Here's hoping .
Taking our 0-1 momentum into the new season is probably a bad thing.

Taking our 0-1 momentum into the new season is probably a bad thing.
I couldn't tell you where we're at . Neto leaving sucked the life out of whatever gains we picked up on that US trip . Saturday was just dead really - very little to be excited about . Hard not to be concerned for the weekend .

We are playing Arsenal on their own pitch. It would be hard not to be concerned about that EVERY season.
When we first came up to the PL under Dave Jones , Mick and even in the early years of Nuno , we weren't able to lay a glove on Arsenal . I think I'm right in saying that they beat us every time and would often score 3 against us as well .
That then changed for a brief period under Nuno , where we were actually able to not only compete with them , but beat them as well . It was quite brief mind you .

Now - revert to type , and playing a side at the weekend looking to push City all the way again is not the way you'd want to start any season .

Back