• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2018/19

His profile is significantly higher than his ability. Anyone that actually watched the Championship last year knew that Maddison was the superior player and Leicester were smart and went for the right one. Grealish's profile is high for having a very good Cup Semi and getting pissed a lot, it massively trumps his effort. We saw last season at their place if he can be arsed there is a player in there, but his head is too far up arse to bring that out regularly

100% agree.

He is strolling around, and not giving a stuff. Thing is, I don't think a top flight team would bother signing him now. His performances haven't been even close to the acceptable standard.

Considering he's the one that's going to get villa out of the FFP chasm they're staring into,either by getting them up coz he's the best player in the championship,or by being sold for an easy £40 million,it's great he's not as good as the B6 lot made him out to be

You look at creative players who've carried a team up from the Championship. Benarbia at City. Merson at Pompey. Taarabt at QPR.

He isn't near them as it stands, let alone getting into a team like Spurs (which exactly of Eriksen, Alli, Son or Moura would he be displacing?).

McGinn is much better than Grealish, I'd have no problem with us chasing McGinn

I just read a Villa fan on VT saying that if Spurs offer £30m for him they should snap their hands off. On this season's showing they won't be offering anywhere near that for the greased up little show pony

You look at creative players who've carried a team up from the Championship. Benarbia at City. Merson at Pompey. Taarabt at QPR.

He isn't near them as it stands, let alone getting into a team like Spurs (which exactly of Eriksen, Alli, Son or Moura would he be displacing?).
Glenda at Swindon? Granted he played as a sweeper.

They wouldn't offer thirty grand now. Summer was the chance and Levy doesn't tend to look twice.

Apparently the Blues fans were singing Mind the Gap Aston Villa :icon_lol:

Glenda at Swindon? Granted he played as a sweeper.

Yeah, good shout. Maybe Bohinen at Forest too.

None of those were exactly world beaters though. Benarbia, Glenda and Merson all with one last hurrah and retirement beckoned not long after, Bohinen was just a decent PL player and Taarabt was a serial waster though he does at least have that season on his CV. At the moment Grealish has more in common with Ravel Morrison than any of them, and none of them (at that stage) were anything like the talent he's supposed to be.

They wouldn't offer thirty grand now. Summer was the chance and Levy doesn't tend to look twice.

Yep,that boat has sailed now,unless he ups his game a lot,nobody will bother in January either,and villa will be stuck with him,on his new better contract costing loads( I guess they did that To get more money on offers that were going to flood in)

For the first 9 mins of the Tottenham match I think they forgot to turn Hoddle’s microphone on. Unfortunately he’s just appeared.

Oh good, Hoddle doesn't understand offside either. Kane was nothing like interfering with play, that wouldn't/shouldn't have been flagged 20 years ago. Rubbish decision.

And Hoddle doesn't understand why linesmen flag when they do. Because that's the directive Glenn.

God I still hate him.

Spurs waking up properly now. 2-1 Kane.

Albion gift Derby the lead, shocking pass from Rodriguez.

Back