• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Faroes would be all the away fans standing on a hill overlooking a ground holding about 2000 (still tickets would be free I guess). Norway - similar. Luxembourg the grounds are absolutely miniscule, but it is an amazing place.

If we did have the misfortune to draw Kairat Almaty, at least their ground holds nearly 24k. And there is an international airport apparently. This is a step forward from Baku I guess.

Norway is a no go. I'm not badly off, but I'm not £12 a pint rich.

That's a VERY fair point. Not that I will be doing the aways anyway. Simply not in my price point at all any more.

Brann for the emotional return for Seyi.

AC Milan look set to drop out of the Europa League whilst they try to comply with FFP regulations

Hang on. That's a bit late in the day isn't it? Completely fucks the seeding for tomorrow for a start.

Hang on. That's a bit late in the day isn't it? Completely fucks the seeding for tomorrow for a start.

I think UEFA do some pre checks/offer a UEFA licence subject to providing documentation with a time deadline of the day before.

It’s not unusual happened just yesterday, Stumbras of Lithuania were removed and replaced by FK Kauno Žalgiris about 2 hours before the groupings were released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that did happen, Roma into the groups, and Torino would be into the second qualification round. That could see us seeded for the playoff round as I don't think Torino have been in Europe for some time.

At the end of the draw today the dude doing it stated the draw was provisional based on legal matters around certain teams

At the end of the draw today the dude doing it stated the draw was provisional based on legal matters around certain teams

Ultimately no one knows what is going on - think I will just wait to see what we get & whether it's a doable journey or not

Assuming this DID happen, then Italy's country coefficient is lower than England's. So rather than the seeding of the playoff round being dominated by Roma with 81.000 then we would have Torino coming in at something around 16.8. And we are at 17.092.

That's enough to make us seeds unless I have missed some Europa campaigns from Torino in the last five years.

Assuming this DID happen, then Italy's country coefficient is lower than England's. So rather than the seeding of the playoff round being dominated by Roma with 81.000 then we would have Torino coming in at something around 16.8. And we are at 17.092.

That's enough to make us seeds unless I have missed some Europa campaigns from Torino in the last five years.

https://www.football-coefficient.eu/team/255-fc-turin/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good to me then. They would get credited with their country coefficient like us as it would be higher than their club coefficient. I still don't believe they would bin off AC Milan though. Surely not.

Hibernians or Bazan of Malta sounds like a good fixture for us. Maltas easy enough to get to and the beers cheap

Neither are likely to win their ties, but I agree it would be nice.

If Soligorsk got through against Hibernians, the trip could be easily combined with a trip to Chernobyl. Culture innit.

Looks good to me then. They would get credited with their country coefficient like us as it would be higher than their club coefficient. I still don't believe they would bin off AC Milan though. Surely not.

AC Milan are asking to be removed. I'm not sure if they would end up being booted if they didn't withdraw

Yeah, I still have no idea what is going on. I do like to read this thread and nod along to myself pretending I do...

Back