• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

So, we play 1 of these lot?

AEL Limassol FC (CYP)
Sabail (AZE) or U Craiova 1948 Club Sportiv (ROU)
FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR) or Hibernians FC (MLT)
Connah's Quay Nomads FC (WAL) or Kilmarnock FC (SCO)
Crusaders FC (NIR) or B36 Tórshavn (FRO)
AS Jeunesse Esch (LUX) or FC Tobol Kostanay (KAZ

So, we play 1 of these lot?

AEL Limassol FC (CYP)
Sabail (AZE) or U Craiova 1948 Club Sportiv (ROU)
FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR) or Hibernians FC (MLT)
Connah's Quay Nomads FC (WAL) or Kilmarnock FC (SCO)
Crusaders FC (NIR) or B36 Tórshavn (FRO)
AS Jeunesse Esch (LUX) or FC Tobol Kostanay (KAZ

Yes you’re ideally hoping for AEL Limassol as you can book flights this week once fixture is confirmed otherwise you need to wait until the previous round ties are done.

Here’s your warning - DO NOT BOOK FLIGHTS UNTIL THE GAMES CONFIRMED EVEN IF IT APPEARS STRAIGHT FORWARD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realistically we need Limassol, CQN/Killie or Crusaders (and they win their tie). Anything else is not going to work logistically.

As Kenny pointed out to me earlier the Azeri/Kazakh teams are a no go for attendance but ok for the team, as we wouldn't come home from the Asia Cup. We'd stay there and then go to the Europa game before coming back to the UK.

Realistically we need Limassol, CQN/Killie or Crusaders (and they win their tie). Anything else is not going to work logistically.

As Kenny pointed out to me earlier the Azeri/Kazakh teams are a no go for attendance but ok for the team, as we wouldn't come home from the Asia Cup. We'd stay there and then go to the Europa game before coming back to the UK.

That only works if you play away first.

I’ll laugh if you draw Killie as they were buzzing for a big Euro adventure but could end up playing in Wales then England.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they also drawing round three tomorrow or am I getting ahead of myself?

More premature than the E&S' "IT'S BASSETT" headline from 2001.

It is however drawn before we actually play our game (22nd July is the draw, we don't play until 25th July)

Looks like we did end up in the same group as Honved....not quite as we'd hoped but it's something I suppose

There's a handy calendar of dates in the first post. But Deutsch is right. It's drawn three days before we play.

Is that a space I see after that comma!

The live stream of the draw is available here this afternoon - 14:00CEST

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2020/draws/round=2001147/

We're in group 7 so it might take a while to get to us as they have to do the draw for groups 1-5 first.

The draw for the Champions Path teams will be done in about an hour's time.

Watching yesterdays these draws are a whole lot quicker than a normal UEFA one as they do the groups together as each team is assigned a number. So they draw the numbers out and it set the draws for multiple teams. So when they get to our group we will simply be number 4.

Is the draw on now? The link I clicked on the Europa League twitter doesn't seem to take me to the draw being made

It was the Champions path they were doing.

I wasted half an hour of my life watching some C Grade UEFA employee draw out teams that we can not possibly play. Which is nice.

I'm in position for this!

Even cancelled my 12 o'clock meeting and am hiding out in a meditation room to tune in.

It was the Champions path they were doing.

I wasted half an hour of my life watching some C Grade UEFA employee draw out teams that we can not possibly play. Which is nice.

Great draw though - Match 14 v Semi Final Winner

Go Semi Final Winner. You can do it.

Back