• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

It's an amazing place. I worked out there for about three months which coincided with Euro 2004. It's almost like enclaves of all the different nationalities who are out there for EU bizz. One super "English" bar where I used to play darts every night against some fellow British types and a load of Dutch lunatics. Massive Portuguese population and loads of their cuisine bombing around. Best bit was being dragged into Swedish bar for their game against the Danes. They insisted I bought their bar shirt as I was the only one not in yellow, and then got me smashed all night.

A memorable summer. I don't remember it being BRUTALLY expensive. About the same as here really.

Wow! Sounds awesome. It is on my list of places to visit if I ever get around to it. Iceland was the place I found ludicrously expensive. £18 for fish and chips and shit like that! The saving grace was I had bought a litre of booze at duty free so just had that in my hotel room!

UEFA are being UEFA. (No real change for you lads)

The first round draw has been brought forward a day. It was previously the Champions path was done on the Tuesday the main path affecting our teams done on the Wednesday.

They’d break for an hour or two and do the 2nd round on the same day.

Now appears to be

18th June - Main and Champions path 1st round - Draw 2:30pm

19th June - Main and Champions path 2nd round - Draw at 1pm

So you lads will know the pairings of teams you could face the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So this draw is now on Wednesday for us?

It's always been Wednesday...

So this draw is now on Wednesday for us?

It’s always been Wednesday for you guys, the only difference is, as the draw for the 1st round is tomorrow you may get the groupings tomorrow night rather than 10 minutes before like what happened last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, for some reason I had the 18th as the date...

Pots have been done for the first qualifying round. Looks like a broadly geographical split. Makes me think we will probably get bloody Kilmarnock tomorrow.

I would be delighted with Killie. An away game I could make at very short notice.

Only a 6 hour journey! (I've never seen you drive tbf!)

I'd go to Kosovo but there's no fucking way I'm going to Kilmarnock.

You'll do as you're bloody well told, what do you think this is.

We need a tour guide.

I'd go to Kosovo but there's no fucking way I'm going to Kilmarnock.

The fuck am I driving you to Kosovo though!

I know you jest but if it is Killie it would at least mean a trip easy to sort at short notice. Wouldn't be going there for the culture and the City Sight Seeing Tour Bus would we.

The fuck am I driving you to Kosovo though!

I know you jest but if it is Killie it would at least mean a trip easy to sort at short notice. Wouldn't be going there for the culture and the City Sight Seeing Tour Bus would we.
In all honesty Kilmarnock would actually be brilliant. They give Celtic and Rangers both ends behind the goals, we'd take thousands there.

Back