• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Nope. That should be sacrosanct as it's after an international break.

Cant be right...an actual game at home that kicks off at 3pm. Not having that

Very surprised Sky didn't pick it (BT hate us for some unknown reason, I blame Hoddle).

Not moaning though.

BT have picked us for ONE match in our current stay in the top flight. And that was the first game. It's really quite odd. Not that I care.

Do you mean the Burnley game after the first leg against Torino? Surely that is now a Sunday?
Burnley put their tickets on sale today without a hint of a mention which I thought was a touch incompetent

Book your flights etc etc etc. It is us against Torino. For sure. A genuinely exciting tie against one of the great Italian sides back in the day, touched by the tragedy of Superga and now thankfully punching at their correct weight again. It will be a memorable two games. I am seriously envious of those of you who can make the trip to Turin.

I was in Turin briefly as a kid with Dad, we used to go on 2 week driving holidays around Europe, and on one trip we had driven over the St.Bernard pass from Switzerland. Originally we were supposed to go through the tunnel there, but in the months before we went, an oil truck fire in the tunnel collapsed the roof, so we had to go over the top of the pass, it was bucketing with snow and traffic was virtually crawling.
Myself and my little brother got out and held onto my Dads bumper and snowboarded down the mountain into Italy.

We stayed the night in Aosta as I remember, then passed through Turin the next day, before exiting Italy into the South of France.

Would love to go back and see it properly, it will be absolutely buzzing with Wolves fans, I can the Wolves fans ended up sections of the Home stands again.

Superstition prevents me from welcoming you to Turin
We still have to play the second leg :)

Young lads on Twitter having a go at the Torino Ultras, I’m sure it won’t be those that it will end badly for.

Nope. That should be sacrosanct as it's after an international break.

Cheers DW. thats great as I fly off to Rhodes on the the Sunday. Missed 2 home games last year due to work Arsenal and Liverpool (most annoying)

To be fair there are twats in every fanbase, trying to live their "tough man" and "hooligan" fantasy. Torino fans are amicable, when you lads are here don't hesitate to strike a conversation or drink a beer with us.

Some people class popularity as how many people they engage with in the social world and just like most things in life it is loudest most annoying ones that get the attention. So spout whatever they think will make people comment...he won't care the 99% of them will be calling him all the swear words from Paddy's vocab he will just see 1000 comments and be happy. Numbers dip....just shout something ludicrous and the world is good again

To be fair there are twats in every fanbase, trying to live their "tough man" and "hooligan" fantasy. Torino fans are amicable, when you lads are here don't hesitate to strike a conversation or drink a beer with us.

TIPS ALERT

normally, English fans tend to reunite in the Corso Vittorio area, next to Porta Nuova station,where the English/irish pubs are.
from there, tram number 4 and/or the police will accompany you to the stadium

I say the police because, when that team of the suburbs who plays in Champions League play, the away fans are told to meet at Valentino park (end of Corso Vittorio) and brought to the stadium by "private" bus.

Back