• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

I doubt Rangers being in town will get in the way of my plans of sitting in the same pub near the ground and walking down 5 mins to the ground. Atmosphere inside Molineux would be superb as well.

To save me wading through this thread, when's the home tie and when can I buy my ticket?

Home tie is the week between Leicester and United and yes you can buy your ticket now. I am missing this one as I am on holiday. Shame but I will be back for the playoff round should we make it.

It might if WMP shut all the pubs

I doubt they will do that. Not like 10000 hooligans are coming into town is it.

Just be down to good planning before hand and allocating areas for the visiting fans

I might get excited at this tournament when we reach the final eight.

I think the group stages should be exciting. We aren't going to be in pot one if we get there so there should be one home tie against a pretty decent sized fish.

Playing Crusaders and teams from Armenia is exciting! Don't care what standard they are, I am watching Wolves play in a European competition. It is ACE

No insult meant to Andygers but I would have serious concerns about Rangers coming to Wolverhampton. Thousands would travel from Glasgow and I could envisage all sorts of trouble and hassle. I want to enjoy a Europa League adventure rather than a Police State in town for the evening.

Torino would be quite testing, but also a potentially great tie.

My absolute preference would be the winners of Austria Vienna and Appolon Limmassol. Either sunny in Cyprus or on the lash in Vienna. What's not to like?

Wouldn’t insult me it’s actually to be expected. I read it all the time.

I think we’ve built up this reputation since Manchester that we’d cause trouble, IMO that was always going to be dangerous and turning off the screen and pretending it wasn’t working was obviously going to get people worked up. It was our biggest game in years and thousands missed it.

Following Rangers in recent years all around Europe I quickly learned there’s a lot of lads follow us around Europe that support us as their second team. I’ve met lads in the past who’ve supported Villa, Birmingham, Stockport, Chelsea, Leicester, Hamburg, Ajax, Eintracht Frankfurt and in most occasions they have some sort of Rangers related merchandise whether official or not.

Now I’m not defending the actions because I know that Rangers fans were involved but I believe Manchester was an excuse for firms to get together for a riot without the fear of the police being on top of it while at the same time enjoying a good atmosphere.

Since Manchester we’ve taken 10k to Sheffield Wednesday and thousands to other places without incident.

I don’t know if there’s a misconception down there that Rangers are Scottish and hate the English that couldn’t be further from the truth. I suspect fans from Oxford United, Blackburn and Derby who visited us in pre season would say they were welcomed.

When I travel to England it’s actually a breath of fresh air getting to mingle with fans that show us a bit of respect as there’s not one other club in Scotland who’s fans actually like us, we’re actually hated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff sir. I would have no issues PERSONALLY. I just fear that the authorities will. I think they would potentially look to Police it similarly to if the shit are visiting Wolverhampton, and that would be a colossal shame.

Mentioned before being from Corby I dislike Rangers, but no issues with the fans. Live in Sheffield and was hear during that day Andy mentions. Know literally hundreds, usually play a friendly against Corby Town now too which is always their biggest gate of the year so really appreciate them for that.

Randomly though I have always had what is a slightly more than a casual interest in Torino. My best mate from Corby, is a huge Juve fan as his mother's side are from Turin. He was always encouraging me to pick an Italian side. And when I was about 9 there was a random Torino shirt in the sports store, had a few kits and other Merch and will always watch them when they were on. Was gutted when they missed the europa as had been ahead of Milan most of the year.

Don't want PSV or Rangers from that lot.

Ah shit yeah. Didn't see the unseeded line.

So with a 5pm kick off, I'm guessing on a plane for 9, land in UK at about 4am, in their beds for 5, Friday off, bus to Leicester Saturday afternoon after a light training session.

I'm a 2 hour drive from Setubal at the time, so should we get through I hope we draw them

So with a 5pm kick off, I'm guessing on a plane for 9, land in UK at about 4am, in their beds for 5, Friday off, bus to Leicester Saturday afternoon after a light training session.

I'm a 2 hour drive from Setubal at the time, so should we get through I hope we draw them

We are playing Leicester Sunday though? Would that stay over for that?

What you highlight is the issue though, the lack of preparation time. Not necessarily the travelling.

It's a 50 minute drive to bloody Leicester. It will be fine. We'll stay at the Mount and drive over Sunday.

Torino is probably harder than the other seeded teams tbh, whilst I think we’d beat them, I’d prefer a more straightforward tie. Would like to get Rangers in the group stages, I’ve a soft spot for them.

It's Vitoria Guimaraes, not Setubal.

Back