• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Israel-Palestine

You could probably draw the line as far back as the Crusades, maybe further.

You could probably draw the line as far back as the Crusades, maybe further.
Well yeah, personally the real issues started when the West, mainly UK and USA handed over that bit of Palestine to become Israel with no controls or checks.

UK & France fwiw I think
Was it? Didn't realise.
Of course another driver was Britain and France trying to divide up 'Arabia' during and after the WW1. Wonder if the treatment of the Jews by the Nazi's gave us an opportunity to insert a friendly nation into the region for our own benefit?

Was it? Didn't realise.
Of course another driver was Britain and France trying to divide up 'Arabia' during and after the WW1. Wonder if the treatment of the Jews by the Nazi's gave us an opportunity to insert a friendly nation into the region for our own benefit?
Nailed it, frankly.

Wonder how much longer the world will allow Israel to do whatever the fuck it wants? Given what's gone on in Gaza I wonder where the line is. If there even is a line. There's certainly a high tolerance for babies blown to shit. Compare and contrast with Russia and Ukraine.

Wonder how much longer the world will allow Israel to do whatever the fuck it wants? Given what's gone on in Gaza I wonder where the line is. If there even is a line. There's certainly a high tolerance for babies blown to shit. Compare and contrast with Russia and Ukraine.

I think one thing that's really helping Israel is the fact there's no media other than Al Jazeera in Gaza, and racists can just write that of as muslim propaganda. The horrifying scenes just don't get shown here, , and I don't think it's just because the media is protecting a narrative, though that of course is large part of it. I think/hope the fact that Sky and the beeb have crews in Lebanon that if Israel start doing the same shit it'll get reported on. Clearly it doesn't matter how bad it gets in Gaza, political opinion and news coverage isn't going to shift dramatically.

Well I can finally see one positive in this. Iran might not be so keen so send missiles to Russia. Much better the Israelis shoot them down than they kill Ukrainians.

I think one thing that's really helping Israel is the fact there's no media other than Al Jazeera in Gaza, and racists can just write that of as muslim propaganda. The horrifying scenes just don't get shown here, , and I don't think it's just because the media is protecting a narrative, though that of course is large part of it. I think/hope the fact that Sky and the beeb have crews in Lebanon that if Israel start doing the same shit it'll get reported on. Clearly it doesn't matter how bad it gets in Gaza, political opinion and news coverage isn't going to shift dramatically.
There's definitely a huge racist element to the coverage. Brown lives just aren't as important and don't generate the same coverage or reaction.

Shared with me on Linkedin:
The poster was an authorised biographer of Nelson Mandela.

Attachments

• IMG_1997.jpg
    IMG_1997.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1996.jpg
    IMG_1996.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 32
The most damning thing is that Israel are actively telling the UN (the fucking UN!!) to get out of the conflict zone, while "accidentally" targetting a few of them to encourage the overseers to fuck off.

Why would you do that, unless you wanted to break the odd war convention or two?

It needs to come from cabinet members for it to even register. I'm actually now appalled at myself for voting for them. They got off to a reasonable start by withdrawing the objection to the ICJ but it's clear that that was basically a gesture of sugared nothingness by the lack of meaningful action that's followed. Hearing "we're calling for ceasefire, hostage return and aid into Gaza" every other day is just empty, meaningless waffle when it's accompanied by no action.

I've just read that August saw the lowest amount of aid allowed into Gaza since the invasion began. How the fuck is the West allowing that? The population there is living in tents and eating fucking dust.

Cameron says he was just about to sanction members of the Israeli cabinet, but Sunak calling an election stopped himdownload-6.jpeg

Back