• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ice Hockey Thread

To the powers that be, any chance of a ' Penguin' icon, smiley, thingy on here ?

freddeno, what made you choose the :devil: as your team ? That same question to all of you, what made you follow and support your particular team ?

if im completely honest the first thing i liked was the shirts..and the NJ logo..then i just started following them, year after year..we have won the Stanley cup 3 times since i started following. Had some great players in Scott Stevens, Patrik Elias, Zach Parise, Martin Brodeur, Scott Niedermayer among others..

Have to say, when I loaded up the NHL shit for Kenny, the Devils shirt is really great. Like the Blackhawks, Red Wings and Avalanche shirts as well.

Have to say, when I loaded up the NHL shit for Kenny, the Devils shirt is really great. Like the Blackhawks, Red Wings and Avalanche shirts as well.

The Devils shirt looks like some kind of Spanner with a leg !!

The reason I started to follow the Rangers, is sadly enough their jerseys. It's because whoever was in charge of jerseys for my local Vålerenga (We got history as an icehockey and football club) simply ripped off Rangers design some time in the late 70s. So when I got old enough to become aware of the NHL, it already featured a team with my local clubs colours and design :) We've also had some Habs designs through recent years, as our logo is similar to theirs.

Psycho , I look forward to some ' friendly ' banter with you !!! That was one hell of a series, but then every game is when its Pens v Flyers . Its the equivilant to Wolves v The $#@!s ! I believe there is another meeting this afternoon, so will have to wait and see. Wasn't the last lockout 2004/5, that was a long long Winter for me ! Hope they can sort it, but I see many players ( including Sid/cindy/cry baby / I prefer genius ! ) are already making plans to return to their home countries or to Europe in the event of a lockout.

By the way, your user name fits perfectly for the team you support :icon_wink:

True, always great games between us. It’s nice that we’ve had the better of you lately though :D. Definitely has that Wolves v shit feel about it.

Really don’t want another lockout. The last one killed my interest in the sport for a while. I remember a few players went to play in Europe during that lockout so wouldn’t be surprised to see it again. Shame the UK standard isn’t upto the rest of Europe so no chance really of many coming to play here.

The only time I ever want the Broad Street Bullies to win, is when you play the Pens :beerchug:

Ha, likewise. No one wants to see the pens win. Still gutted we lost the Winter Classic though.

That same question to all of you, what made you follow and support your particular team ?

The colours. I got given NHL 2001 for playstation and went in with next to no knowledge at all of the sport other than the Devils were defending champs. When picking a team to play a season with I went by colours closest to Wolves. Started following them for real a couple months later.

For me it was Mario Lemieux and not a jersey. Not only have I lived in Pittsburgh for the past 12 years , but in that time I have seen some bad times, desperate times ,and times when it looked like it could be the end of the Penguins. But because of Lemieux, and his love for Pittsburgh and the Penguins, I could never follow any other team as long as I live , where I live .

Had an NHL93 game on the megadrive which allowed a multiple player season mode, I was the LA Kings (they had Gretsky who was about the only player i knew of) my bro was Quebec Nordiques. Used to play 1 line only (didn't really know how hockey worked team and player wise) and as the game allowed multiple unnaposed trading we'd change players all the time (ended up breaking the games internal memory beacuse of it). Anyway my brother ditched J Sakic and i picked him up and he scored shit loads of goals and I used to taunt my brother over it.

When i got NHL98 on the PS1 found him playing for the Avs as they'd moved from Quebec and been a fan ever since. He and Peter Forsberg were both fantastic players in real life as well as on the game and they've been struggling to replace them (and Patrick Roy) ever since.

After Fridays meeting, nothing new, and still no agreement reached. Think they have until September 15th . Ever seen a Penguin cross its fingers !!

Lockout :(.

Flyers have sent 26 players to the Phantoms. There's a rumour Giroux could join Jagr at Klando in the Czech league. Would be some line in the Czech leagues that. Looks like the only way I'll be seeing a 12/13 season at the moment is on my PS3. Hope they can get to some sort of agreement very soon and still salvage the season.

Another lockout.... yawn...

Lockout :wallbash:

How depressing.

Malkin's off to play for MetallurgMagnitogorsk .

Vancouver Canucks all the way, used to go watch them at GM Place when I lived there. Great sport.

Now you're talking. The Vancouver Canucks are the best, but they're my third team after the Vancouver Whitecaps second, and of course my beloved Wolves who are always number 1!!!

Not sure if this should go in general chat rather than here, moderators feel free to move it as you please.

Anyone got the NHL 2013 from EA Sports for the PS3 yet here? I couldn't play NHL-12 on mine as it kept freezing, no matter what mode I played. (Be a Pro, or Be a GM) I would only be able to play a few games of my first season before the PS3 would freeze whenever I played a game. I was wondering if the same happens in NHL 2013 before I spent my money getting it...

I have it for PS3 and so far I've had no freezing issues during a game. I've had it crash twice in Ultimate Team when applying newly gotten contracts to players (it hasn't crashed when applying them after putting them in the consumables pile first) but other than that no problems with it so far. I've played split screen, winter classic, Be a Pro and seasons mode. Whether it freezes in any other modes I couldn't say.

Lockout is over and Penguin's first game is on Saturday . Bloody brilliant :)

Back