• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Houston Wolves | Watch Party for the game vs. Fulham

Houston Wolves

Reaction score
Howdy Partners,

Greetings from the grand old State of Texas!

Just to let ya'll know the plans for the 3rd watch party of the season that we're putting together if any of you are based in or close to the city - or if you are traveling here for work or holiday at the time.

Click here for our website to read all about it.

UTW,

- Paul

'Howdy ' ( is that how you really greet other in Texas?)

In Pittsburgh. If I lived closer I would as I don't think there is anything like this in the Burgh.

UTW :)

T3ch might be interested. He is in Texas isn't he?

Texas is bigger than Germany tbf :icon_lol:

My Dad spends a lot of time in Dallas now, Houston is a 3-4 hour drive away from there. If you and I meet up for a pint in town it's 15-20 mins for either of us (or 5 mins if we went to each other's house), the equivalent would be you giving me a bell and asking if I fancied a drink or two...in Dover.

Not an American but I'd go 1,000 miles for a decent Indian curry!

Try 3 and a bit thousand. In my trips to the States (Illinois, Colorado, Florida so far) I am yet to find an Indian meal that rated anything above fucking rancid. Lots of states left to try but I don't have much hope...

Try 3 and a bit thousand. In my trips to the States (Illinois, Colorado, Florida so far) I am yet to find an Indian meal that rated anything above fucking rancid. Lots of states left to try but I don't have much hope...

I wouldn't hold on to any hope Paddy, I've been here nearly 19 years and have yet to find anything that resembles anything back home.

To be honest I would rather try all the places in Man v Food and Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Lots of American excess there for me to bloat my stomach with. Especially some of the Alaskan places if I could ever get there. "Bring me six pounds of king crab"

Try 3 and a bit thousand. In my trips to the States (Illinois, Colorado, Florida so far) I am yet to find an Indian meal that rated anything above $#@!ing rancid. Lots of states left to try but I don't have much hope...
Last time I had a curry in the US which was in Massachusetts they put potatoes in my chicken vindaloo, the dirty bastards

Last time I had a curry in the US which was in Massachusetts they put potatoes in my chicken vindaloo, the dirty bastards

Better than carrots in a chilli...

That's probably them thinking "Ah, 'aloo' is in the name, it must mean there are potatoes in there".

Germany cannot do curries either. Shame.

houston is one of the few places i've been to in the states.

though quite a while ago now. got to see hakeem olajuwon win a game for the rockets.

Texas is bigger than Germany tbf :icon_lol:

My Dad spends a lot of time in Dallas now, Houston is a 3-4 hour drive away from there. If you and I meet up for a pint in town it's 15-20 mins for either of us (or 5 mins if we went to each other's house), the equivalent would be you giving me a bell and asking if I fancied a drink or two...in Dover.

You come accustomed to the scale of the place after a time.

I used to go back and forth from the Midlands-Bournemouth regularly which was 3 hours+ and always felt like a monster drive.

Now, as soon as you're out of the city and hit the highway, a similar length trip to San Antonio or Austin feels like "just down the road".

In fact, we have a Wolves fan in Austin who makes his way over for these games we get together for.

I wouldn't hold on to any hope Paddy, I've been here nearly 19 years and have yet to find anything that resembles anything back home.

Yup, same. Kinda given up now. Although I'm sure with the diverse population from the middle east that Houston and its suburbs has, I'm sure there must be one... somewhere!!

I did find a decent spot in downtown Dallas, but it was more like a fancy bar with an Indian "fusion" menu.

though quite a while ago now. got to see hakeem olajuwon win a game for the rockets.

They're doing pretty well again this season... a possible championship run for the first real time since Hakeem was playing if they keep it up.

If you asked the average American about curry I'd bet a house that they'd think of Thai food before Indian food.

I can't remember the last time I saw a restaurant passing itself off as Indian, and if I ever do I'll check up who the owners are before I give it a try. General rule of thumb: if the owners don't speak the language of the food they cook, give it a hard pass.

If you asked the average American about curry I'd bet a house that they'd think of Thai food before Indian food.

I can't remember the last time I saw a restaurant passing itself off as Indian, and if I ever do I'll check up who the owners are before I give it a try. General rule of thumb: if the owners don't speak the language of the food they cook, give it a hard pass.

You'd be missing out on a lot of great food then. There's some fantastic sub-continent restaurants about and I'd bet none of them speak all the languages the dishes are from. Youull find Bangladeshi, southern Indian, northern Indian and Nepalese dishes all on one menu over here. You'll also find some great British Indian dishes such as chicken Tikka Massala.

Back