• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Henri Camara - your memories

Ok...You picked the wrong day/week/season to ask but I'll try to help out.
Came to us in 2003 when we'd been promoted to the Premier League for £1.5m. He was really quick and tricky but he took an age to settle in the team.
We beat Manchester United at home that season and we really should of done the double over them but Henri just couldn't score! He had at least two, clear chances at Old Trafford that he just fluffed.
His first goal came in a memorable game vs Leicester City. We were 3-0 down at half time and somehow managed to win 4-3 with Camara getting the winner with a bit of a scuffed finish. That was his only goal in 23 appearances upto that point but he finished the season really well. He scored 6 in our last 9 games including a screamer agains Everton at Molineux in a 2-1 win but the goal scoring form was discovered too late and we were relegated back to the second tier of English Football.
This is where things took a bad turn for Wolves fans. I really felt if we kept the majority of that team together we would bounce straight back up and Henri Camara would score LOADS in that Division. HOWEVER his agent at the time, Willie Mckay, filled his head with all kinds of rubbish about only playing at the top level and being the future "African Player of the Year" which, sadly he fell for. He basically went on strike and refused to return for pre-season training and he was subsequently hated by almost every Wolves fan...You don't do that to the club that pay you!
We loaned him to Celtic for the 2004/5 season £1.5m (got our money back) but they sent him back to us in January 2005. We then loaned him to Southampton for another £750k/£1m (I believe) and his time there ended with them relegated too!
We finally sold him to new Premier League club Wigan in August 2005 for £3m and he was gone!
I feel his was a wasted career, one that could of been so different at Wolves had he not had a complete arsehole for an Agent

Had we had Carl Cort alongside him for the whole season we may have stayed up.

Had we had Carl Cort alongside him for the whole season we may have stayed up.
Or not dropped Steffen Iversen just as he got match fit. Or not ignored Silas once he worked out how to play in English football. Or dropped Oakes when he was in the form of his life for Paul Jones. Or kept a struggling Craddick in the team instead of trying Okoronkwo earlier. Or, or, or...

Couldn't hit a barn door. Then he suddenly could. Then he fucked off.

His biggest crime - He lied to Quirk..TO HIS FACE

The bastard

What did he say?

"Oh I agree - Star Trek is better than Star Wars"?

I think he told him all that was shit and he should go spot some trains instead, much more manly....and also he was staying at the club.

Scored against Boro when I was weirdly in the Boro end, and I'd a beer or two...

Also the second best Camara to ahve been at the club.

And a genuine bell end.

Oh and Camara exact words and I still remember them. 'Yes I'm staying I love Wolves'

Oh and Camara exact words and I still remember them. 'Yes I'm staying I love Wolves'

kahn.gif

When I saw the title of this thread pop up on my phone, I thought he was dead!

When will you be doing a Michael Kightly - Your Memories?

IMG_0630.jpg

The cunt in all his glory. Lying bastard cuntstubbling cock jockey. Although I have mellowed towards him nowadays.

those eyes!! He is thinking "say whatever he wants to hear or he could kill me"

So, basically its your own fault.

I'll just write the relevant part for you.

He's dead popular around Wolverhampton, and we love him really. Everyone's just winding you up. Honest.

Back