• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

So binned whoever was doing that from 2021 for them then.

Jeff constantly tells us the club runs at a loss, he won't cede any control in decision making. PL TV contracts have plateaued and we don't aspire to make Europe, so the value of the club is unlikely to increase. So unless it was someone with an emotional attachment who you wouldn’t need to headhunt why would anyone invest?

Jeff constantly tells us the club runs at a loss, he won't cede any control in decision making. PL TV contracts have plateaued and we don't aspire to make Europe, so the value of the club is unlikely to increase. So unless it was someone with an emotional attachment who you wouldn’t need to headhunt why would anyone invest?
Why does anyone invest in football. The majority surely see money just being burnt.

I presume the pitch is "we have got them this far but the next step requires help. We push on and the returns are there"

Ideal world we get a Utd style investment. Fosun keep a stake for their branding but the club us ran by others.
Risk we get someone like the owner of Birmingham and they install a Rooney though...

The new financial rules make it almost impossible for a new owner to bridge the gap to the top six so little incentive for a rich buyer to pick Wolves. At least Newcastle had a large capacity ground that they owned and we’re probably less attractive than Everton now despite their financial problems.

I fear the increasing number of American owners is leading us down the path of a closed shop to protect their investment by removing the threat of relegation. It will start with a reduction to two up, two down, and justified by promoted teams increasingly struggling to survive.

The new financial rules make it almost impossible for a new owner to bridge the gap to the top six so little incentive for a rich buyer to pick Wolves. At least Newcastle had a large capacity ground that they owned and we’re probably less attractive than Everton now despite their financial problems.

I fear the increasing number of American owners is leading us down the path of a closed shop to protect their investment by removing the threat of relegation. It will start with a reduction to two up, two down, and justified by promoted teams increasingly struggling to survive.
14 will be magic number.
When get that, can at very least look forward to the extra game each season in the US.

14 will be magic number.
When get that, can at very least look forward to the extra game each season in the US.
The first step to a closed shop. I really wish the Scum Six had gone ahead with their Superleague and the other 14 had the balls to kick them out and create a new league.

The competent bit being the toughest part to find.

Right now it's oil money or American investment groups to pick from.
We are more likely to attract the 777's of the world though.
Based on?

The first step to a closed shop. I really wish the Scum Six had gone ahead with their Superleague and the other 14 had the balls to kick them out and create a new league.
It'll never happen as seen by the fans revolt and the setting up of a commission for football.

Government will step in before UEFA then FIFA as both governing bodies operate on a football for all basis.

Based on?
our luck...

and if Fosun are off loading us, I don't think they will do as many as checks as SJH did on Morgan and then Morgan on Fosun. If its a part of the club they sell rather than full sale, I would expect them to be a but more careful simply because of the fabled "brand"

For all our complaints on Fosun, hands down the best Chinese owners any of the 4 Midlands clubs manage to get. Yes, that is a low bar but very thankful we avoided those that landed in Birmingham

It'll never happen as seen by the fans revolt and the setting up of a commission for football.

Government will step in before UEFA then FIFA as both governing bodies operate on a football for all basis.

Wasn't there a Spanish court ruling that said they should be allowed to form the Super League? Spain was the hotbed for the whole thing. I think if these clubs do fuck off that's them out of the whole FIFA/UEFA set up too, bin them completely.

I don't think the football pyramid will survive if the EPL itself starts restricting Pro/Rel.

our luck...

and if Fosun are off loading us, I don't think they will do as many as checks as SJH did on Morgan and then Morgan on Fosun. If its a part of the club they sell rather than full sale, I would expect them to be a but more careful simply because of the fabled "brand"

For all our complaints on Fosun, hands down the best Chinese owners any of the 4 Midlands clubs manage to get. Yes, that is a low bar but very thankful we avoided those that landed in Birmingham
Reading too iirc have really bad ownership.

Wasn't there a Spanish court ruling that said they should be allowed to form the Super League? Spain was the hotbed for the whole thing. I think if these clubs do fuck off that's them out of the whole FIFA/UEFA set up too, bin them completely.

I don't think the football pyramid will survive if the EPL itself starts restricting Pro/Rel.
There's nothing to stop the top clubs forming their own league.

But they have to resign from the rest of football including all UEFA and FIFA comps which includes the players.

That's before government steps in and bans the clubs from competing in the UK.

Saudi was/is seen as the experiment for this and it hasn't succeeded and is unlikely to no matter how much it pays players.

There's nothing to stop the top clubs forming their own league.

But they have to resign from the rest of football including all UEFA and FIFA comps which includes the players.

That's before government steps in and bans the clubs from competing in the UK.

Saudi was/is seen as the experiment for this and it hasn't succeeded and is unlikely to no matter how much it pays players.
I reckon too, one of the European cup comps will have their final hosted in Saudi Arabia sooner rather than later.

I reckon too, one of the European cup comps will have their final hosted in Saudi Arabia sooner rather than later.
I don't see it as that would legitimise Saudi in Europe and I don't see that happening any time soon.

I wonder if this is some low key attempt to keep the Government happy

"Look our deal in England involves China"

They better have that Chinese Messi they have been searching for

I wonder if this is some low key attempt to keep the Government happy

"Look our deal in England involves China"

They better have that Chinese Messi they have been searching for
Yeah, just try to gloss over the fact they spent that £100M grant on Gançalo Guedes, Matheus Nunes & Sasa Kalajdzic

Back