• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

In fairness we probably overachieved a bit with those two 7th place finishes. And we had a divine influence with our injuries or something.

In fairness we probably overachieved a bit with those two 7th place finishes. And we had a divine influence with our injuries or something.
Not sure we did, but even if we did, so? Build on it, don't just let it erode away, and it does feel like we have done that, by not going for our top targets for the sake of 5million quid, by leaving our midfield so understaffed when we want to employ a high pressing game we've increased the chances of failure.

Agreed. Finishing 7th once might be overachieving, but having done so twice we should have built on it.
Some teams get unexpectedly promoted, don't spend big, then build with the parachute payments after relegation. I don't think we were in that situation, so to be where we are now is a little disappointing.

Last edited:
I understand this point of view, but i also think it's a bit small time. A bit "we were in the 4th division you know, so stop moaning".

But we aren't in the Championship or the 4th division now, we are in our 4th consecutive top flight season for the first time in my life, we've been to Europe and finished 7th twice, which is why it's so frustrating that we actually seem to be regressing, certainly off the pitch. On the pitch as Jeff has said himself we are not far away from being something special, that actually makes it more frustrating and is exactly what does wind me up!
I'm not telling anyone to stop moaning, everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion.

For perspective though, we've currently spent the same amount of seasons in the PL as , for example, Wigan, Watford and 5 less than West Brom.

I get we're structured differently but, for me, we've still got a way to go before we can be talked about as an established premier league team.

Europe was an absolute dream and I hope we can get back there again, but it might be some time.

I understand this point of view, but i also think it's a bit small time. A bit "we were in the 4th division you know, so stop moaning".

But we aren't in the Championship or the 4th division now, we are in our 4th consecutive top flight season for the first time in my life, we've been to Europe and finished 7th twice, which is why it's so frustrating that we actually seem to be regressing, certainly off the pitch. On the pitch as Jeff has said himself we are not far away from being something special, that actually makes it more frustrating and is exactly what does wind me up!
This is a great post IMO and gets to the root of why there is so much anger and frustration around at the minute. For a while it seemed like we were going to be the next Man City and the club were actively hyping that as a realistic possibility.

It's a pretty big comedown to be putting in a desperation bid in for Keiffer Moore in the dying hours of a transfer window. Fosun promised the Orient Express and they're delivering West Midlands Travel (Whilst raising ticket prices to Orient Express levels)

This is a great post IMO and gets to the root of why there is so much anger and frustration around at the minute. For a while it seemed like we were going to be the next Man City and the club were actively hyping that as a realistic possibility.

It's a pretty big comedown to be putting in a desperation bid in for Keiffer Moore in the dying hours of a transfer window. Fosun promised the Orient Express and they're delivering West Midlands Travel (Whilst raising ticket prices to Orient Express levels)
I think that first paragraph is key, at the time when it looked like that's what was happening I hoped it would be true rather than expected it to be. I guess once expectations are raised though its hard to dampen them again.

The games against Man City were key for me in how quiet man city fans were, I thought then that I would never take where we are for granted. That may well mean that I don't view things as critically as others.

I think that first paragraph is key, at the time when it looked like that's what was happening I hoped it would be true rather than expected it to be. I guess once expectations are raised though its hard to dampen them again.

I don't think being exasperated at a half-arsed transfer window that really should have been primed to give Bruno the best chance possible of succeeding is an unreasonable expectation though.

We've made permanent a loan wing back who doesn't seem to play much now, added an unknown quantity promising CB and a couple of decent loan forwards to a squad that was desperate for a revamp under the last manager. It's just not good enough

The games against Man City were key for me in how quiet man city fans were, I thought then that I would never take where we are for granted. That may well mean that I don't view things as critically as others.
From a personal perspective I'm going to try and shut out anything the hierarchy of the club say and readjust my expectations back to being a small provincial club.

You will only ever have disappointment if you put expectations onto things you cannot control.
Someone I really respected said to me once, only worry about things you can control. It's great advice and I try and live my life by it, but it's very hard to do in practice.

Whatever you think of him, you have to accept that Jeff Shi as chairman is the price of having Fosun own the club. The price for getting out of the championship, the price for having the best manager in decades, the price to attract quality players.

If Fosun were to replace Jeff Shi, why would you except the replacement to be much different from Jeff Shi?

A little story, went to Great Yarmourh circus yesterday and there was a Mexican juggler in one of the acts called Roberto Carlos, anyway as the show ended and they all came out and he came by me and pointed to the shirt and said Raul. Anyway he got me up as they were still saying thanks to the crowd and we both started singing the Raul song... it was fantastic.

Si senior give the ball to Raul and he will score..

A little story, went to Great Yarmourh circus yesterday and there was a Mexican juggler in one of the acts called Roberto Carlos, anyway as the show ended and they all came out and he came by me and pointed to the shirt and said Raul. Anyway he got me up as they were still saying thanks to the crowd and we both started singing the Raul song... it was fantastic.

He's one of the many million Mexican fans......

Why did a Mexican have a Brazilian name? And what the fuck was he doing in Great Yarmouth?

Sounds like an amazing acid trip TBF.

Royal Caribbean International announced as training wear sponsor for 21/22 and 22/23 seasons.

Back