• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (A) - Build-Up Thread

I'm not negative usually but I've got a funny feeling that we might slip up today. Based on absolutely nothing at all though. :icon_lol:

Oh well, the Everton fans are just as negative so all good then.

Probably because we haven't played particularly well in any of the league games.

We were very good against Leicester, more than decent against United in the second half, and sub-par against Burnley.

Bit of a mixed bag.

Everton were awful against Villa and Palace and just about acceptable against a truly dreadful Watford.

They have been worse than us so far.

We can't afford to waste more than half the game with an out of sorts Doherty, and I expect we won't.
I expect us to continue our unbeaten run.

I'm expecting a bore draw. Since my predictions are always wrong, I'm quite looking forward to watching it. We've got to get our (league) mojo back sooner or later; perhaps today will be the day.

Probably because we haven't played particularly well in any of the league games.

This. In particular we have started very poorly in just about every game, including Torino the other day, and even against Crusaders we were slow to get going.

Thought we started well against Leicester. In fact there's no real doubt we should have won that one, Rui had nothing at all to do.

My theory is that we plan to draw every PL game so Hoddle no longer has our record unbeaten run. Stay up on 38 points and win the EL and FA Cup.

Everton haven’t conceded a goal at home in the league since City scored in February. This will be a tough game, I could see it being 0-0 tbh.

See the cybertosis thread. Its Pickford's 111 consecutive 90 minutes today and that is a record if he stays on the pitch! 111! Its also a record if they don't concede. So we will score and hopefully Pickford gets sent off. Whether that's enough for a win remains to be see.

A start for Patrick today - Jonny and Joao drop out
Not sure how Raul and Patrick will combine. Soon find out...

Like the look of our team, strong looking Everton team though.

Surprised at that team, 2 young wb's, must admit thought Cutrone would be used in place of Raul, Moutinho finally gets a rest

Surprised at so many changes, but very sensible.
Hope that Vinny has a good showing.

Very happy with that team. Good strikers can partner anyone, and whilst Neto has shown promise I think Cutrone deserves a go first.

I'm pretty excited to see how our team plays. Vinagre and Traore as the wing backs is going to be loads of fun going forwards but we need to be careful when defending. I would LOVE Patrick to get a goal today as well.

Not going to moan at that team. I would have preferred Moutinho rested against Torino and starting today but they’ve all got to play their part and in Nuno we trust. Traore and Vinagre to run riot today hopefully. Saïss and Neves should run that midfield and Donck is just class. Would love to see Cutrone get a goal on his first start.

Hmm this probably should have been last week's team.
Wonder which of saiss or Neves will play deeper?.
Great that we could bring on Jota and João to change the match.

Wonder which of saiss or Neves will play deeper?

Was just going to say this. You'd hope Saiss would be deepest, but you can bet Neves will play in his usual position.

First time I've seen / heard Mourinho on Sky, I like him! Never thought I would say that.

Back