• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (A) - Build-Up Thread

Maybe pish is American slang for good....

The question of whether Michael Jackson was 'Bad' is certainly more nuanced these days.

Every time I've seen him, be it for Roma, Barca, or Everton, he's been absolutely shocking.

Every time I've seen him, be it for Roma, Barca, or Everton, he's been absolutely shocking.

Fairly confident at this point that you just go against the grain for the sake of it.

Fairly confident at this point that you just go against the grain for the sake of it.
This is going back years, Jinks. His defending cost Roma numerous points a couple of seasons ago.

This is going back years, Jinks. His defending cost Roma numerous points a couple of seasons ago.

His record shows he has been capped by France at every level and has 25 full caps. I would suggest that he is far from pish.

His record shows he has been capped by France at every level and has 25 full caps. I would suggest that he is far from pish.
Mamadou Sakho has 29 French caps.

To be honest I think your evaluation of players differs massively from the vast majority of the other members of this forum (and probably the majority of the rest of football fans in England, maybe even Europe) so that's no surprise.

Not at all confident about this one. I think we'll go with the same team as Thursday ex Bennett for Vallejo - but I really worry that we'll start slowly again & the game will be gone by half time. Been really impressed with what I've seen of Keen for Everton and wished we'd signed him.

Expect the usual suspects with Traore in if Docs still not fit, neither team has really been 'on it' yet, think it will be close with only one goal in it either way or a draw.

Everton haven’t conceded a goal at home in the league since City scored in February. This will be a tough game, I could see it being 0-0 tbh.

Be delighted with a point after playing on Thursday. A phrase I think I'll be typing a lot this season

Not confident about this game at all. I'd take a point definitely. Be surprised if we got one.

Quite surprised at how much positivity has seeped away, we’ve had one bad game so far this season and have drawn against two good teams in the league while beating Torino home and away. Everton look like a bit of a mess at the moment, I reckon we’ll win today.

Everton have conceded 2 goals. So have we.
Everton have scored 1 goal. We have scored 2.

Everton have played Palace (0-0), Villa (0-2), Watford (1-0)

We have played Leicester (0-0), Manchester United (1-1), and Burnley (1-1).

Why the negativity?

Probably because we haven't played particularly well in any of the league games.

Back