• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (A) - Build-Up Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
I assume he'll bring in the usual suspects for this and it will be our strongest team again.

...........................Patricio

..............Bennett - Coady - Boly

Doherty - Neves - Moutinho - Dendoncker - Jonny

....................Jimenez - Jota

I would however prefer to see some rotation, and/or keeping the form players in the side.

My team:

..........................Patricio

.............Bennett - Coady - Boly

Traore - Moutinho - Saiss - Dendoncker - Jonny

...................Jimenez - Neto

Things you never thought you would say.....Adama HAS to start.

Traore - Moutinho - Neves - Dendoncker - Jonny

...................Jimenez - Jota

Dont think he will drop/rest Jota and Neves will come back in

I don't want Doc starting until he's fully fit. Not knowing what the problem is though...

Rui

Bennett
Coady
Boly

Adama
Saiss
Dendoncker
Neves
Vinagre

Raul
Cutrone

Doc's plainly not 100%, and Traore's in the form of his life. You can't justify not playing him at the moment.

It'd be interesting if he started Cutrone. The battle of the Italian wonderkid signings.

Pretty certain it will be Jota and Jimenez up top. The only way I see one being dropped for this game is if one is injured.

I also think Adama will start.

It will be the usual suspects with Traore instead of Doc.

Although that makes Saiss one unlucky bloke after his excellence last night.

Everton aren't all that, and I think Silva is emperor's new clothes. We can win this if we are on song.

I'd like to see Saiss and Vallejo drop out for Neves and Bennett. Depends on what sort of condition Moutinho is in though, have no idea how he keeps going. I'm in agreement that I want to see Traore starting, very shocking.

Predicting a draw, which wouldn't be too bad. Going off how they were last week against Villa we have nothing to fear though, hope we get at them.

Traore should start as long as we play Jonny & the usual 3 with him to cover, though he has shown that defensively he is not totally incompetant (as long as he learns to stop trying to dribble out from inside our half & saves that for when we are in theirs)

Gives us more when going forward & scares the s**t out of defenders. Would expect Neves to come back in.

Up front will probably be the same pair to start, but would like to see Cutrone get more than 15 mins - not really had sufficient time to influence a game yet & seems over eager which isn't surprising (or helpful to him)

Struggling to think of a better LB in the PL defensively than Digne. If Traore gets the better of him then he really has arrived

Thing with Traore is he's always been able to get the best of pretty much any player, it's just he's not done much with it after. That seems to have changed massively this season already.

Struggling to think of a better LB in the PL defensively than Digne. If Traore gets the better of him then he really has arrived

Well Burnley resorted to just pushing him to the ground when the 2 they had placed there couldn't get to him any other way.

Digne must be quite useful if he stops him on his own

Things you never thought you would say.....Adama HAS to start.

Traore - Moutinho - Neves - Dendoncker - Jonny

...................Jimenez - Jota

Dont think he will drop/rest Jota and Neves will come back in

Yep, would take that and expect it. As Pad says that makes Saiss unlucky and if it were right down to me I'd have him in over Neves who was so poor against Burnley. But I don't think it will happen.

Anybody thinking of buying snout or a packet of crisps on Barlow Lane should look to the heavens first: https://gonbys.com/everton-1949/

Defensively? He's not all that at all. Much, much better going the other way like most of them nowadays.

Digne is fucking pish.

Good defender and a great left foot. Hard to see what's pish about him.

Back