• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton v Wolves - Pre Match Build Up..

Given the noises from PL I'd be surprised if Saiss was in the squad today.

I'd give consideration to Saville starting in place of Price, think Price has had a few poor games and Saville has started to show a little bit of form.

I am going to make the prediction that Price is dropped for Saville today. Would love it to be Stears and Hause but I just don't see it happening. I predict.

................Ikeme......................
Coady....Batth....Hause....Doc
..............Edwards...Saville......
Costa......Ronan......Weimann
...............Dicko........................

Would rather Bod up top as Aiki says he was brilliant against Barnsley but don't think it will happen.

No game for me today 3 kids on my Tod I will be lucky to listen to some commentary!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'd like to see Lee Evans get an extended run in the side just to try and add a little more range and variety to central midfield.

I'd like to see Lee Evans get an extended run in the side just to try and add a little more range and variety to central midfield.

He's done well over the past couple of games, I'd only be wary about him due to injury history, might need handling gently and slowly introducing him.

Wouldn't be disappointed to see him start instead of Price or in the number 10 role.

I made a comment in the cup thread that I was unsure on Burgoyne and his role in the Pool game and hoped Ikeme would come back, however I've finally just seen the midweek highlights, the save he makes from whoever it was for them through on him on his left foot, is quite frankly outstanding from my point of view. I appreciate I am one of those bellends that has played and coached keepers at a Saturday level so think that makes me more in tune with keepers, however everything about that impresses me, from his timing, positioning, the way he reads when to press out and then how big he makes himself at the right time and how quickly he is back on his feet. It's text book, if he does that sort of stuff in training I'd have no issues with Ikeme not coming back in even though I previously called for this.

Will be in The Lord Burton wetherspoons about half 11 if anyone is about for a pregame drink

I made a comment in the cup thread that I was unsure on Burgoyne and his role in the Pool game and hoped Ikeme would come back, however I've finally just seen the midweek highlights, the save he makes from whoever it was for them through on him on his left foot, is quite frankly outstanding from my point of view. I appreciate I am one of those bellends that has played and coached keepers at a Saturday level so think that makes me more in tune with keepers, however everything about that impresses me, from his timing, positioning, the way he reads when to press out and then how big he makes himself at the right time and how quickly he is back on his feet. It's text book, if he does that sort of stuff in training I'd have no issues with Ikeme not coming back in even though I previously called for this.

For me Burgoyne isn't quite a regular first team player yet he does some things outstandingly but equally makes some really poor mistakes. This isn't a criticism it's just due to age/experience.

I would prefer Ikeme but Burgoyne is a capable player and (again) it wouldn't be a bad choice to play him.

IMO if we're training properly we should be able to swap players without too much difference to the overall performance (excepting differences borne of players' variable strengths and weaknesses).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

you are forgetting form and confidence level though..never that easy to rotate a squad..

C303thyWYAAJISh.jpg:large

Really going for the rotation isn't he? It's weird because I don't think it affects how we play but under zenga the rotation was random and didn't seem to work at all

I had a feeling Batth might started to be edged out. I think I'd have had a price in (and not sure about Edwards in the ten role) but they all played so well on Saturday.

Think it'll be 4-3-3, same as last week at Anfield

I'm not overly happy with Edwards in that role either but if we play well and win I couldn't give a fuck.

Batth dropped and rightly so. Only complaint is Edwards further forward but I'm sure he was smash another goal in and make me eat humble pie.

Iorfa really out of favour it seems.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Didn't see how he could drop Hause after what he said on Tuesday. I think leaving Batth out is wonderful - not because i don't like Batth, but simply because it sends a message that no-one is guaranteed a place in the team. I'd have started Bod, but there you are...

Kites starts for them

Think I would have played Bod as well

As for Edwards - agree with Deutsch, likely to be a 4 - 3 - 3 with him as the more forward player of the midfield 3

Oh for Christ's sake we now have a number 64. Players with 63 and 64 is just plain wrong.

Back