• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (H) 07/11/15 Build up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Leeds beating Huddersfield and despite Leeds winning 3-0 I like the look of Huddersfields' left winger Harry Bunn.
Leeds win pushes us down to 15th.

I really hope we win this, it will stop people calling for KJ to go.

There is the other point of view, Frank, that if we win this it will simply highlight the inconsistencies and the very-easily-avoidable errors Jackett has made this season. Glass half full or half empty; let's see at 4:50...

Just back in time after a flying visit to Surrey.

Fine with the team selection, though I would have a bust up if I were Graham. Being brought back of loan where he is playing to not even getting in the Matchday 18 here - what is the point of that.

It's a complete nonsense move from Jackett if he was always going to select Ojo ahead of him.

Martinez decent save from Gray - we have to be alert as they seem to activate that attack very quickly

First good save of the game from Martinez. Down low to his right.

Gray's nous skill and speed created that space for a shot.

Did I read that Edwards has scored 4 goals from his last 6 shots?

Decent move between Iorfa & Henry - ball back to Henry but the cross just clears the bar with no real pressure from our attackers

Good patient play from Wolves then with Iorfa running into a great position but Henry's pass was a bit strong and the keeper picked it up.

(This is a different attack than the one Peter just described!)

I wish this twat would stop describing scenic postcards from a fan in America....

Gray offside after a period of possession by Burnley - Wolves keeping shape well at the moment and will need to do that throughout the game

Long ball from Edwards to Henry - marked by 2, but wins a FK as they can't get the ball away from him

Neat flick on from Batth but it falls just short of Afobe.
Next attack has Ojo doing well with Afobe and Henry running into position but Ojo turned into troiuble and the ball got cleared...

KMac caught late by..... Barton.
Iorfa racing in slides it off to Kmac but it's blocked and cleared...

Iorfa gets into a good position breaking forward, but final ball to Afobe not good enough to allow the latter to do anything with it. Won't criticise Iorfa who is still learning and at least he is getting into the right position to affect the game

Mee to Gray who turns and fires it in and it's another good diving save from Martinez.
Why can we not defend against these big long looping balls deep into our defence?
That long ball just cut us open!

Ipswich now 2 up.
I see that Wolves haven't lost 3 in a row at Molineux since April 2012, and whilst I'm at it, no team has scored more goals from set pieces than Burnley (9 goals)

Gray causing us problems in that he doesn't need much space or time - surprised he's improved this much. Saw him playing v Woking 2 years ago & whilst he was clearly a cut above the average Conference level forward he wasn't so good that I could see him being good at this level by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back