• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) build up 19/3/16

It's all so confused. We have so many players who Kenny feels can only play in either a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. You're basically making a large portion of your squad unselectable whenever you choose one of those particular formations. For example Price/Saville/Evans can't play in a 4-4-2 but Mason/Alfie can't play in a 4-3-3...

I would expect professional footballers to be able to adapt to any formation.

I would expect professional footballers to be able to adapt to any formation.

And you'd be wrong. Can't see Michael Owen being asked to play the lone striker role effectively or Bakary Sako to be played at left wing back.

Other than being out of position, playing formations are very difficult to master. Roberto Martinez will only introduce another formation after they've played it for 4 months in training.

So Wallace will need a few weeks to get up to speed and Zyro will probably be on the bench again. It'll probably be the same team that started the Blues game.

Disappointing but hopefully they should both be starting from the Ipswich game until the end of the season.

I hope it's bollocks and Wallace starts or you wouldn't recall him as there's a break for 2 weeks after this game. If we don't play him, even off the bench it makes the manager look particularly inept and that's a low bar considering how low he's sunk this season.

I hope it's bollocks and Wallace starts or you wouldn't recall him as there's a break for 2 weeks after this game. If we don't play him, even off the bench it makes the manager look particularly inept and that's a low bar considering how low he's sunk this season.

If Mason, Zyro & Wallace are all sat on the bench and the game starts to go badly he'll get a fair amount of stick from the away end.

Zyro I can understand if we're easing him back in and if they've brought Wallace back with an eye on him getting 2 weeks training ahead of the Ipswich game I can kind of understand where they're coming from, even if I don't understand it. The Mason situation is just baffling though and makes an absolute mockery of both our recruitment team and coaching staff the longer it goes on.

The thing is he's been playing wide right for Millwall and from Ken's comments that's where we're likely to use him ourselves when the time comes. Our options there tomorrow are Byrne who played well against Derby but has done very little since, and Sigurdarson who isn't a right winger. Van La Parra has gone, Henry is injured and then you're down to Connor Hunte or reverting to that bullshit formation we had against Fulham/Cardiff where Coady played nominally on the right. How much worse could it go if we put Wallace there? We aren't expected to get anything, we don't *need* to get anything, he's demonstrably in better form than the alternatives we have, why does he need to train with the squad for two weeks before we can play him? Does he need to learn how to not take a bloke on like Nathan Byrne? Does he need to learn how to overhit crosses like James Henry? Just pick him FFS, what have you got to lose.

The bloody interviewer bringing up Edwards unprompted as well. Don't give Ken ideas. You watch, we treat all our currently injured players with kid gloves but as soon as he's fit again he'll be straight back in the starting XI with no need for a reserve game or anything.

No doubt Ken will have to spend a few weeks pondering how Wallace fits in to his genius system before he starts introducing him for the last 5 minutes of games

No doubt Ken will have to spend a few weeks pondering how Wallace fits in to his genius system before he starts introducing him for the last 5 minutes of games

In those few weeks he can work on his power...

I don't understand why Wallace needs time when he's been playing every week for Millwall. Just fucking play him!!

bloody hell, just watched the Jackett interview...zyro and more crazy wallace not starting??? why bring him back then..makes no sense. I will give it to him he isnt talking the same bollocks Saunders did but thats about it really...FFS KJ, do you really know what youre doing atm? :furious:

As I live in Spain I only get to watch Wolves on TV. But if Wallace isn't playing tomorrow, then I will not watch another game while Jackett is manager.

All the talk of Jed Wallace makes him sound like the next David Silva. I wish him luck if he plays against Burnley as I doubt he would be seeing much of the ball in Burnley's half.

The concern is Jed Wallace could be stuck on the right wing then having to do defensive duties in front of the full back when his strength is finding holes along the front line creating goal scoring opportunities for himself and team mates. Dont shackle the lad.

Wallace has done nothing that Byrne didn't do in the lower leagues. Neither are good enough for the top half of the Championship. Ward would fit them both in his pocket at the same time and still have room for his hankies...

Wallace has done nothing that Byrne didn't do in the lower leagues. Neither are good enough for the top half of the Championship. Ward would fit them both in his pocket at the same time and still have room for his hankies...

We need Dave Edwards on the right, that would solve all our problems. Right?

As for Wallace "doing nothing Byrne hadnt", what had Michael Kightly done before we bought him?

A clubs best players are, in the eyes of many fans, those who are not in the team.

pretty standard stuff if the players that are playing arent performing

For the first time for as long as I can remember I'm not following today's game albeit occasionally looking at my Sky Sports app on my mobile at all today. Reverse psychology tells you we might get something out of today regardless of what KJ tries not to do

Frank in disguise... :) Hope youre correct though!

Back