• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is embarrassingly awful. Outfought, outpassed and outplayed by fucking Burnley. Nuno has got everything possible wrong. Wrong personnel, wrong formation, wrong tactics. He's been out managed by Sean Dyche.

If we don't fancy Silva aerially against the Burnley back four why didn't we instruct Traore when in that position to try and burst through as he did for Jonnys goal against Palace last season?

As is, Traore is trying to hit the byline, if he gets it in then we've got nothing but mostly, he's getting done by Charlie Taylor.

I feel sorry for the players, we have talent throughout the team but this confused inconsistent season is on Nuno, for me.

Hate to say it but he doesn't appear to know what to do with this squad
I try not to overreact and I'm sure there will be the usual dismissal of the match thread but I'm having to agree at this point. We've been average at best since lockdown - for whatever reason. And while there are occasional promising signs here or there overall there doesn't seem to be any cohesive plan and some players are outright regressing.

Rebuilding cannot be a get out of jail free card.

From about 25/30 mins onwards, we've certainly looked muddled. This second half performance so far certainly feels like a step back.
The point at which Burnley realised we offered little threat.

no way we will score two past Nick Pope

Two or three defenders onto Traore but at present he is our best hope of creating a god chance. Silva needs to impose himself here, but.....

Christ! We need to test the squad for colour blindness. We keep gifting the ball to them.

Semedo spell check issued, yes we are at 20 pts 8 out of relegation zone 2 games lost 1 more game win by burnley and there we are do the math

3 times now this season where heads have dropped massively when falling behind.

Semedo spell check issued, yes we are at 20 pts 8 out of relegation zone 2 games lost 1 more game win by burnley and there we are do the math
What about the 4 teams below them??

I feel sorry for the players, we have talent throughout the team but this confused inconsistent season is on Nuno, for me.

Hate to say it but he doesn't appear to know what to do with this squad
I absolutely agree. Nuno picks the team. That’s twice now that he’s selected starting 11’s without a focal point/recognised forward - and twice we’ve looked pathetic.

Nuno has somehow managed to pick a formation that nullifies our two most creative players - whilst also instructing them to carry on with these ridiculous short corners (amongst other things).

Obviously he’s got a lot of credit in the bank, but this season more than any, I’ve been left scratching my head at what, exactly, is going on in Nuno’s head.

And backwards and to the side, to the wingback, And backwards and to the side, to the wingback, And backwards and to the side, to the wingback, And backwards and to the side, to the wingback,

much too slow and backwards, sideways..why not try to take some chances

do we realize we're 2 down? just passing about the back like we're trying to hold a lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back