• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to have seen Vitinha instead of one of the others if we are playing 3 in the middle. I'm concerned the front 2 will be isolated

I think the plan is keep it tight, run them around and hit them with the subs. At least we have subs Nuno will be happy to use.

Wolves official app/notification has it as this. Neves behind the front two would certainly be interesting!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201221-172426.jpeg
    Screenshot_20201221-172426.jpeg
    806.4 KB · Views: 5
I hate playing these. 1 win in the last 8 and they always shithouse their way to results against us.

Ashley Barnes starting to do his usual moaning/diving against us.

Wolves official app/notification has it as this. Neves behind the front two would certainly be interesting!
That would be terrible. Neves is nowhere near mobile enough to play any role like that.

Seems strange, though Dyche has a way of playing long ball to the front 2.
Hopefully Otasowie can win the second ball he seemed a strong player then allow Neves and Moutinho to dictate the game. Does worry me where the creativity will come from.

In Nuno we trust

Th
Yeah, it feels a bit flat to me judging it on paper.

Saiss has struggled on the right hand side of the back three previously and Kilman didn't look any better in his 45 minutes playing that side of the back four on it's first run out. Not many options there without Boly and Dendoncker though so perhaps better to have gone with four at the back instead or could've dropped Hoever in to keep it as a three, didn't Otasowie start out as a centre half?

Midfield looks a particularly negative to me too, not like Burnley are any great shakes in that area and very rarely pose much of a threat breaking from midfield so seems weird to have the three arranged like that with one sitting deep to cover runs which are unlikely to occur, also means potentially going to be stuck with too many men behind the ball as a result. Would've thought it made more sense to have a more advanced midfielder if going for three bodies in there, akin to the way they started against Chelsea.

Would've certainly kept Silva involved, especially playing as a pair up top, can see the two picked buzzing around a lot but Burnley centre halves likely to just stay in position and block anything off at the edge of the box than go chasing them.
Too many men behind the ball has forever been the issue with the way we play 3-4-3. Maybe today we won’t, but I’m not convinced.
If we can score the first goal then it might not be an issue but we don’t do that very often.

Otasowie playing that advanced midfield role then. Obviously for his pace and power ;)

Still we await a FK on target.

used to be a time I thought we’d score everyone.

Still we await a FK on target.

used to be a time I thought we’d score everyone.
Technically that was on target. There was just a defender stopping it early.

Technically that was on target. There was just a defender stopping it early.
Technically it isn’t on target, as it doesn’t land on the target...

For the avoidance of doubt. I would like a FK that means a GK has to stop it going between the three white bars and not spannered into someone’s waist.

Commentators are pretty annoying with all this English blood and thunder jizzing over Dyche and the centre halves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back