• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Corbeanu and Perry will be on the bench tonight. Shabani starts for the u23's.
Only seen snippets of Corbeanu, is he an out and out striker or more a 10 or wide forward?

Looks like Corbeanu and Perry will be on the bench tonight. Shabani starts for the u23's.

Interested to see Corbeanu if he gets minutes over the next few games. Hopeful we can see some of Shabani this season in the first team too

Shabani a strange one. Nearly 22 but hasn’t even had a sniff really. I know doing your ACL hasn’t helped anything but he came in for a reasonable fee and had had some first team exposure at a european giant.

Given he hasn’t had a loan yet I have no idea where he is at ability/potential wise.

I think we have been patient with him post-injury but next six months or so will show us how much we see him having a future here. He's been unlucky as maybe he would have got a chance last season

So no Boly and no Dock is going to be tough, perhaps:

Rui
Hoever - Coady - Saiss
Semedo - Neves - Otasowie - Marcal
Neto - Traore - Pod​

That right hand side is a worry.

I wouldn't have picked Donck regardless as he's been rank in the last half a dozen games, all he's done is wasted good chances in front of goal.

We paid a lot of money for Hoever, if he has to step in then so be it. Although I would actually expect Saiss to go right side and Kilman to play.

I was more thinking Donk is our normal 2nd choice RCB, wouldn't have him anywhere near CM at the moment. Not sure on Saiss at RCB, he looked poor there at the start of last (?) season.

Good to see you onboard with the front 3 ;)

What is making people think no Boly?

He was injured at the end of the last match and seems to be lots of 'crap' on twitter about him being out.

I’m at the point where I don’t really care who Nuno puts out at the moment, I just want to watch us play. And win obviously.
Yeah, I'm always happy with who he picks....he surprises me sometimes though. I'm pretty chilled about the game, maybe because of all the realworld shit going on atm

I would like to see Adama upfront with his pace against Burnleys defence if he is 100% injury free. Really rate Tarkowski, excellent defender who does the job though

We've played 89 games in the Premier League under Nuno.

Adama has played nearly all of them. He's scored in four of them.

Why on earth would you want him up front?

We've played 89 games in the Premier League under Nuno.

Adama has played nearly all of them. He's scored in four of them.

Why on earth would you want him up front?
We have not many choices when Raul is out..guess we deserve that for keeping a small squad too long..dont think Silva will be better

I can only think you've slipped into a coma over the last 12 months. In which case:

a) You've missed a hell of a year
b) Sorry to break this to you, but Adama never scores or even looks like scoring

So in the half hour before kick off Sky will be, for some reason, talking about Leeds then discussing Pedro Neto

well kilman on the right is interseting, as is ait nouri starting. 2 up top, silva on the bench.

Crikey.

Imagine predicting that Otasowie and Kilman would be starting in the Prem a few months back!

Boly on the bench. Presume he is just there because he can still walk and the U23's played today

Great that Otasowie gets a start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back