• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (H) Build-Up and Match Thread 14/4/17

Coady :facepalm:

Every now and again our defence goes 100% Sunday League

Brighton are just a bit better than us when it matters - which is why they will get promotion & we won't be anywhere near

Longergan - shite.

Doherty - shite.
Hause - today, been shite.
Batth - shite.
Coady - absolutely shite.

Edwards - shite.
Saiss - shite.
Marshall - shite.
Cav - shite.
Weimann - shite.

Bod - shite.

That's my review of the performance so far. We have been awful and I don't accept it's down to Brighton being some team full of world beaters. Cannot wait for this season to be over.

Decent team who have good possession in our half and put pressure on our defence. This always results in mistakes from us and inevitably goals.

Hoping Paul brings on another midfielder here, can't believe he's played Saiss in there on his own. Weimann never a winger, neither is Marshall and that means no width, no space and no good options forward. Hause fell asleep but no keeper should ever be beat like that.

Longergan - shite.

Doherty - shite.
Hause - today, been shite.
Batth - shite.
Coady - absolutely shite.

Edwards - shite.
Saiss - shite.
Marshall - shite.
Cav - shite.
Weimann - shite.

Bod - shite.

That's my review of the performance so far. We have been awful and I don't accept it's down to Brighton being some team full of world beaters. Cannot wait for this season to be over.

We are on the beach. Clearly. Hopefully a massive summer of change on the way.

Longergan - $#@!e.

Doherty - $#@!e.
Hause - today, been $#@!e.
Batth - $#@!e.
Coady - absolutely $#@!e.

Edwards - $#@!e.
Saiss - $#@!e.
Marshall - $#@!e.
Cav - $#@!e.
Weimann - $#@!e.

Bod - $#@!e.

Jesus, that's unbelievably harsh.

I think we've been poor this half and deserve to be behind. Losing the battle in midfield and so waseful in possession.

Started well but faded after about 20 minutes.

Some of saiss passing has been sublime, some ridiculous. You could see bha best chance would be one of our shite passes.

Marshall looks quality even though we aren't playing well

Bha right back looks like a decent player

Bod off, mgw on and put weiman up top

Brightish but limp start. Really poor keeping but the biggest issue he has made is his positioning and terrible footwork. He is as dreadful a keeper as I remembered.

That's harsh Jinks. We started well without a cutting edge. The difference between Murray and Bodvarsson is staggering as is Knockaert and Weimman.

Edwards is his usual anonymous self and Doherty and Coady have been shown up for the poor full backs they are. We are 5 players from a competitive team in this position not including the loss of Costa.

Does anybody really rate Saiss?

Yes. One bad pass aside his passing is different class to any other midfielder we have. A couple of interceptions and covered well a few times but he's not the most mobile and he's being asked to play central midfield on his own while Dave is on a cross country run.

Decent team who have good possession in our half and put pressure on our defence. This always results in mistakes from us and inevitably goals.

While I totally agree, the instance of the goal and Coady's header straight to Hemed was nothing to do with their good possession.

No control in midfield & can't hold onto the ball to give their defence any real problem to deal with

Changes needed

You watch him take Saiss off and keep Edwards on.

Back