• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bolton (H) Build Up Thread

As I’ve said on a previous thread my despising of Bolton has started to diminish not that I forgive them for their behaviour in the 90’s.
I’d stick with the same 11 Costa maybe getting more and more game time depending on how the game pans out.
Could see Bolton being stubborn bastards on Saturday they haven’t lost in 7 although a lot of them have been dra s.

I’m coming up for this one and bringing a few mates with me. So after I’ve been banging on about how good we are all season, I’m sure we’ll lose this 1-0.

Bolton are unbeaten in 7 games, so this will be tougher than people think. They’ll be well drilled and difficult to break down. Saying that, if we can grab an early goal then the floodgates may open.

I don’t think Costa will start. Cav & Jota have been immense and they deserve to keep their shirts. I see the Costa dilemma as a similar one to Cav at the start of the season. He had to wait & wait to get in and when he did he was hungry to do well and the team benefited for it.

Same team as last night, for me. With perhaps only Bennett making way for Miranda - although that’d be harsh as Bennett has done well.

Agree with that Jinks, apart from the losing 1-0 bit :)

I'd love to see Costa start but you can't drop Jota/Cav and it's the wrong type of game to go with the 'strikerless' front 3.

You could see when he scored last night how popular he is with the rest of the squad. It was only a penalty but everyone pilled on top of him. Cavaleiro ran all the way from the bench to congratulate him.

Agree regarding Saiss, the games I've seen he's generally outperformed Neves (and that's no slight on Ruben at all).

Codes had the fuck up vs Blades. I can't recall Romain doing anything like that this season.

He's been imperious.

Saiss has lost his shit a couple of times, been lucky to not hit anyone with his crazy swipes when he does lose it. Agree that Saiss has been more consistent than Neves, he probably benefits of Neves getting all the focus from the opposition.

Saiss and Neves has been a brilliant partnership so far. Saiss I think enjoys the role of looking after Ruben too, and the other players. He's been a real leader, which I'm glad we have been able to see this season!

One of the most refreshing things about this season is we will have some actual proper contenders for POTS!

Didn't realise Karl Henry was now at Bolton until someone told me last night.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Didn't realise Karl Henry was now at Bolton until someone told me last night.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Scored v Sunderland the other week. Against Preston last week he got booked after 1 min and almost scored a beaut from 25 yards, just went over the bar

To go along with Karl...they also have Mark Little.

ex-player scoring alert x 2.....

...and Le Fondre. Cyber will be hyperventilating a "bogey team" and 3 ex players, thank christ we aren't playing them on a midweek night or after an international break.

...and Le Fondre. Cyber will be hyperventilating a "bogey team" and 3 ex players, thank christ we aren't playing them on a midweek night or after an international break.

They all have an E in their name too!!!

Cyber had better break out his lucky pants & socks, line up his rabbit foot, four leaf clover and horseshoe and get drinking out of his lucky mug!

Well we are fucked.

Might as well stay at home on Saturday. Christ knows what I will do when Nuno wins a manager of the month award

Bogey team status: confirmed

2015/16: D 2-2 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2014/15: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2012/13: D 2-2 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2011/12: L 2-3 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2010/11: L 2-3 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2009/10: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2003/4: L 1-2 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2000/1: L 0-2 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1999/0: W 1-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1998/9: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A), W 2-1 (A, FAC)
1996/7: L 1-2 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1994/5: W 3-1 (H), L 1-5 (A), W 2-1 (H, P/O), L 0-2 (A, P/O)

Is Mark Davies still there? Or were the bright lights of Horwich Town Centre too much temptation?

Back