• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blues (A) build up

Jesus. I love the fact they have to point out what time it will be when thirty minutes ticks round as well. Sad fucking cunts.

Jesus. I love the fact they have to point out what time it will be when thirty minutes ticks round as well. Sad $#@!ing $#@!s.

Maybe they mean for those at home to chuck sausages in the streets, as well?

Ineresting that Edwards is working with the first team, and Boukari is involved in the training!

Why is it interesting that Dave's working with the first team? Where else would he work?

Who's Rob Edwards?

Rob Edwards played more than 100 games for Wolves as well as being the current coach of the Under 18s.

Neato. Good for him.

Sorry Alan, should have been clearer.

Considering I doubt Ricketts was coaching at the start of the season, seems odd that if KJ Thinks we need another coach that we didn't have one already to help him and Gallen. Always thought we were a bit light anyway.

errrmmmm

CCKDFd5UkAI_HkL.jpg

Better get there early if you want a Hot Dog.

Bore off with this sausage bollocks.

Unchanged first 11 then?
Changes to the bench? Evans or Jacobs perhaps?

Either ahead of a superfluous third defender has to be the way to go. As much as I like Jacobs I think we need Evans on there more, it doesn't bear thinking about what would happen if McDonald went off injured early on and Edwards was the only replacement available.

Either ahead of a superfluous third defender has to be the way to go. As much as I like Jacobs I think we need Evans on there more, it doesn't bear thinking about what would happen if McDonald went off injured early on and Edwards was the only replacement available.

Very much the above.

Same XI as Monday for me. Except the Henry/VLP decision (I think both have their plus points and don't really mind who gets the shirt), it's clearly our strongest line up.

With Jacobs back, he'll likely be on the bench (otherwise, what was the point?). I doubt we'll see Evans again this season.

Ken has already said why we brought him back, if we get an injury to a wide player we want him as an option. None of them are injured at the moment and Van La Parra is on the bench and can play either side, so he's back in the group but not currently required. Of course that might change but him coming back does not mean he's going straight back on the bench. We aren't playing 4-2-3-1 any more so he isn't there to back up/compete with Edwards either, Edwards is already out of the starting XI.

We can probably get away with having only one defender on the bench, realistically - Hause. He can cover left-back if Golbourne needs to go off, or centre-back if either Batth or Stearman do (and if Iorfa is injured, then Hause goes in alongside Batth and Stearman goes to right-back).

Not that I expect that to happen, of course, because Jackett seems to like having Doherty available as a more offensive choice at right-back, and he also likes to go to five at the back sometimes in the last few minutes when we're sitting out a lead. But if we still go for more than two defenders for any remaining games it's really perverse.

Back