• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham City v Wolves: The Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need an upgrade on Mason (irrespective on Dicko coming back). He's lightweight and needs about 10 changes to score.

Good chance again but Coady touch takes him wide and the chance is gone. Unfortunately Wallace and Dadi are making the chances and then it's the munchers Mason, Coady etc. Who are having the chances. Sooner Dicko is back the better

Mason clearly has no confidence with his left foot. Bod looking good again lovely ball through for Coady whose first touch let's him down. Hause weak for the first goal. I think we can win this Tex and Prince to come on.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Nothing special but the better side by a fair margin. Ikeme has had nothing at all to do. All our best chances falling to players who just don't have the quality. Edwards has barely touched the ball since he came on. Wallace improved as the half went on as did Price. Plenty of effort from Coady but I've seen house bricks with better control. Doherty has played well and Bod looks dangerous.

I don't understand why he's put Edwards on after that anonymous 45 minutes on Tuesday. Baffling.

Wallace, Bodvarsson, Price, and the back four are all having decent games (with the exception of the switching off that led to the goal). Definitely been the better side on balance, but not by much, and this could go either way still.

I think long term we have to assume Dicko in the middle of the front three with Bodvarsson to the side, I don't think Bodvarsson and Mason together works (or that Mason at all works, he's just not a very good forward).

Some really nice movement on our counter-attacks but the finishing is the problem.

I don't understand why he's put Edwards on after that anonymous 45 minutes on Tuesday. Baffling.

I think it's for experience, Zenga has talked about valuing it before plus it is a derby. Also interesting that for the most part he's playing deep in midfield while Price has been allowed to move forward.

I think it's the experience. Also interesting that for the most part he's playing deep in midfield while Price has been allowed to move forward.
He's played deep for all of 2016 really. Doesn't offer anything at all.

Yeah, but I mean interesting in that it's combined with Price playing some of the most explicitly attacking midfield football I've seen him. He's doing pretty well at it, too, IMO.

Can we talk about how poor the decision-making was when we broke four on one? Clearly should've have played a ball forward and to the right for one of the three oncoming players, instead slows down and plays a weird dink left that Mason also had to stop and try (and fail) to get control of.

Yeah, that was Coady. Should have played a pass which totally took the one defender out but even so I'm blaming Mason. He's a defender's dream, make a mistake and he'll always give you a chance to recover.

Silly question but does watching a stream use up many megabites? i have limited amount and this is the first stream that has ever worked for me.

Holy shit where did that come from?! What a start!

MAAAAASSSSOOOOONNNN!!!! :)

Well would you believe it. Cracking finish from Mason. Tip of the hat to Javk Price too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back