• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Was going to go for a bit of variety with sours and saisons but failed miserably.

I love how there's always room for an Axe Edge :D

Just found out that the Bree Louise in Euston has been served its notice and is due to close in November.

Sad news - I've enjoyed many excellent sessions there. Hope someone steps in.

Had a very pleasant afternoon there today. Top boozer with a real mix of ales. Shame if it's closing as it was very busy and the beer was top notch.

Local sainsburys had some Electric India in today.

Its...interesting. Cross between Hoegaarden and an IPA. First impression is that Im not massively keen. But that might change...

Its...interesting. Cross between Hoegaarden and an IPA. First impression is that Im not massively keen. But that might change...
Saison's are a pretty unique style. Took me a few attempts to get the taste for them. Brilliant with food. Think of it as a white wine replacement when food matching.

6 bottles of Palate Wrecker for £25 from Brewdog. All over that.

You'll get used to it, it is a great seasonal beer and like you say, pretty hop heavy for a saison.

20229296_10159296499270647_2160522067894022497_n.jpg

Couple of interesting beers in the offing tonight on BeerBods and BeerBodsPlus.

Buxton - Myrcia. A session strength hazy NE style IPA. More hops than Axe Edge, apparently :icon_razz:

De Dolle - Arabier. No idea about this one. They called it a dry-hopped malt beer. A big 8% Belgian blonde with a sort of modern hoppy twist, perhaps??

Arabier is awesome. De Dolle are absolutely brilliant.

De Dolle are ace. But then I love Belgian beers, haven't had a bad one yet.

De Dolle are ace. But then I love Belgian beers, haven't had a bad one yet.

Never had anything of theirs before. Was trying to find a bottle of their Stalle Nacht (apologies for the spelling!) for Christmas but never got hold of one.

Just claimed my free Howler from Honest Brew :D

Back