• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (H) 8/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allison n is probably the best of them given that he has more work to do , with the Liverpool defenders not being as good as other top sides , but even he has slipped up , gifting a goal to Guedes last season .
Allison is in the consideration for best keeper in the world for me. People knock him for a couple of blunders last year, but he finished with a +10 expected goal ratio. Which is frankly insane when you factor in the couple of errors he did commit. This season Sa is actually 3rd in that stat with 3.2

Pope's distribution is frankly disgusting for a top keeper, way worse than Sa's.

Whilst he looks a bit dramatic at times I have liked the two games I have seen of Vicario at Spurs.

Villa weren't very good tonight, loads of huff and puff. Had to pretty much use the first XI in the end.

Winning last Saturday was huge , but so was the performance , the intensity , the chasing , every player backing up another team mate , blocking , tackling , chasing back etc .
It takes a massive effort , and in some respects is easier to to get yourself up for when you're playing a top top club .

Can we repeat the effort against Villa ? We'll need to do a lot of very similar stuff to get the win .

We appear to have the fitness levels , the togetherness and they seem to be playing for the Manager .

Villa have been very good at home this season , not so good away from home .

Ramsey definitely out for them, re-injured his foot that he did in the summer with England U21s.

Doubts about both Bueno brothers for Sunday. Hugo (sore knee) and Santi (tight hamstring) although Santi is expected to train tomorrow.

The same places the leaks came from last week say unchanged team tomorrow, although that's not much of a surprise

Unchanged team with Doyle on the bench.

Looks like they have also gone three at the back.

Emery not daft. Knows rapid Pau against our forwards is a massacre, giving him protection.

Emery not daft. Knows rapid Pau against our forwards is a massacre, giving him protection.
Digne is fucking pish; it’s a weird move from Emery IMO.

If Hwang is in form today he should be drawing fouls from those two left and right.

Fuck me, it’s been eight years since Emi was on loan here.

Not really. Both sides very sloppy, Villa probably shading things at the mo.

Just a few signs of sloppiness at the back from us. Otherwise no not much.

How on earth was that a foul on McGinn. The other way round if anything!

I always get the feeling from this ref that he's itching to blow for anything against us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back