• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

NSFW Amusing/Interesting/Thought Provoking Video + Picture Thread

https://twitter.com/JKCorden/status/1061445810552922113

The new iceland advert. Too political? FFS! All should be watching it.

FFS2, agreeing with corden makes me feel dirty.

It seems it's the law that's the problem here and not the ad or the broadcasters. If it was made by anybody but Greenpeace then it would be allowed. Seems odd to me that the ad itself is fine but the people who've made it aren't.

I imagine Channel 4 will tell the palm oil producers and their lobbyists to fuck off and show it anyway.

My wife actively boycotts anything that contains palm oil. Its everywhere! So many things. especially in cheaper foods! God help me if I dont spot it on the label

And while I am feeling ranty

Have you noticed that multi buy offers in supermarkets are always for shit foods? Pizza buy one get one free, Sausages buy one get one free, Burgers 2 for £3- chocolate offers 2 bars for £2, Multipack of crisps 50% extra free! No wonder obesity is a problem.

I got 3 for 2 on 5% fat steak mince yesterday.

Chicken thighs tonight.

I think they should do it on 20 can cases of Carlsberg personally.

I think it's more that the supermarkets are full of unhealthy shit anyway. Seriously. Next time we you're there just look at how many aisles are dedicated to high sugar rubbish.

I think it's more that the supermarkets are full of unhealthy shit anyway. Seriously. Next time we you're there just look at how many aisles are dedicated to high sugar rubbish.

I think people need to take responsibility for themselves. If nobody buys the shit then supermarkets won't stock it.

Nobody is making people buy crap.

Aye

But the Pendeford Morrisons is doing my skull in lately. New manager and the stock levels are appalling.

I got the last pack of peppers. There were no chillis. No reduced fat cocoanut milk. No lemongrass. Annoying when I am trying to make a green curry without ending up like a blimp.

That's always been a shit store. It isn't big enough for a start.

When I started working in Pendeford it was a Safeway, it is at least better than those days! Pub next door is no doubt exactly the same as in 2003...

Aye

But the Pendeford Morrisons is doing my skull in lately. New manager and the stock levels are appalling.

I got the last pack of peppers. There were no chillis. No reduced fat cocoanut milk. No lemongrass. Annoying when I am trying to make a green curry without ending up like a blimp.

In-laws stopped using Morrisons due to stocking levels (they used one in Walsall I think)

They were also managing to spend over £100 a week on shopping despite it just being 2 of them and they don't really eat that much!
Angie now takes them shopping to stop them over buying things. Her Mum would just buy stuff each week regardless of what they had. They have a cupboard upstairs that has more cleaning products, toothpaste and toilet paper than most supermarkets have on sale

It's got to be online shopping for the main stuff for me. Pick up bits and bobs here and there in Bilbrook/Codsall (we have a frankly ridiculous three butchers inside less than a mile) but I just do Asda once a month. Delivery costs about two quid in the middle of the day.

In-laws stopped using Morrisons due to stocking levels (they used one in Walsall I think)

They were also managing to spend over £100 a week on shopping despite it just being 2 of them and they don't really eat that much!
Angie now takes them shopping to stop them over buying things. Her Mum would just buy stuff each week regardless of what they had. They have a cupboard upstairs that has more cleaning products, toothpaste and toilet paper than most supermarkets have on sale

Going for a Brexit stockpile clearly as long as they only want a clean house/mouth & other areas then

Local Asda still has decent discount/double up deal on fruit and veg as well - easy enough to ignore the deals on the unhealthier offerings

I am out of the shopping game now Angie takes her Mum, so double shopping for her and none for me. Winner.

Have used Asda deliveries but I feel like a fraud as the store is a couple of mins away from my front door. I hate supermarket people though and had to pop in last Sunday and that 5 minute trip could have seen me murder at least 5 people.

Local Asda still has decent discount/double up deal on fruit and veg as well - easy enough to ignore the deals on the unhealthier offerings

Ever been in an Asda when they bring out the yellow pricing gun to get rid of bread,cakes etc about to go out of date? Jesus, you get near that crowd and they will rip your liver out if they think you are going to get to a 10p Tiger loaf before they do

I now have a deadzone of 3-4pm regarding the two local Co-Ops as it's when Codsall High finishes for the day.

Kids are just appalling in a shop - way too much noise, loitering around, can't queue - and even worse are the parents who stand around chatting, right in front of fridges or in the middle of aisles. I've had to stop going at that time because I don't really fancy prison that much.

Also you have tons of fat kids buying mountains of sweets, presumably they do it every day as well. Fuck off tubbs, I need olive oil.

I went in to Morrisons just after midday on a Saturday. Like God's waiting room and all those crusty fuckers blocking the aisle made me want to either jump that waiting room queue or commit mass murder.

WHY OH WHY OH FUCKING WHY if you spy a trolley left on one side of an aisle do you have to stand next to it chewing the cud with Doris and Betsy and block the whole joint up.

My trolley should be fitted with machine guns and a bulldozer front to remove the corpses from my way.

I went in to Morrisons just after midday on a Saturday. Like God's waiting room and all those crusty fuckers blocking the aisle made me want to either jump that waiting room queue or commit mass murder.

WHY OH WHY OH FUCKING WHY if you spy a trolley left on one side of an aisle do you have to stand next to it chewing the cud with Doris and Betsy and block the whole joint up.

My trolley should be fitted with machine guns and a bulldozer front to remove the corpses from my way.
My local Morrison is great between 9:00 and 10:00. It's quiet hour.

Fuck off tubbs, I need olive oil.

Btw iff you're cooking with it, Rapeseed oil is the way to go. Less nasty cancer chemicals once it's heated up. Trust Me I'm A Doctor did a test on them all. Butter and rapeseed came out best. Olive Oil one of the worst to cook/fry with.

As for rubbish food, McDonalds should never have backed down and started selling salads and admitting responsibility for people getting overweight on their food.

Supermarkets should have one way aisles and anyone caught going the wrong way is banned for a month.

Ever been in an Asda when they bring out the yellow pricing gun to get rid of bread,cakes etc about to go out of date? Jesus, you get near that crowd and they will rip your liver out if they think you are going to get to a 10p Tiger loaf before they do

7:15pm at Wombourne Sainsburys, opposite where the cookies are shelved....not that I go there much. :icon_neutral:

Back