• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2024 General Election Thread

Who did you Vote For

• Labour

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Tory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Farage Ltd

• Serious Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• SNP

• One of the Niron ones

• Count Binface

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Mr Baked Bean Face

• Other Strange Party/Independent

• Total voters
All the big hitters in Richmond and Northallerton...

• Jason Barnett,Independent
  • Count Binface,Count Binface Party
  • Daniel Callaghan,Liberal Democrats
  • Angie Campion,Independent
  • Louise Dickens,Workers Party of Britain
  • Kevin Foster,Green
  • Rio Goldhammer,Yorkshire Party
  • Niko Omilana,Independent
  • Brian Richmond,Independent
  • Sir Archibald Stanton,Monster Raving Loony Party
  • Rishi Sunak,Conservative
  • Lee Taylor,Reform UK
  • Tom Wilson,Labour

Looking forward to seeing the Labour candidate returned in Wolverhampton West.

This lot are running in a few seats:

Bat. Shit. Mental.

Things are getting very interesting here. Chris Grayling stepping down and replaced with conservative starlet and bright young thing Mhairi Fraser.

Epsom and Ewell has been conservative since its creation in the RoS Act 1885.

2019 election:
Tories 53.5%
Lib Dems 23.5%
Labour 17.2%

Not seen anything from the conservative or Labour candidates but the Lib Dems are smelling blood and are all over town.

Just got this through the letterbox, could be a fun night July 4th:

IMG_8983.jpeg

I saw recently the rise of far-right groups coming into prominence across europe and wondered if we might see something similar here.

We all knew brexit was a bad idea but enough people voted for it, even though they shouldn't have

Will the tories be battered enough that a vacuum is left where Reform get a decent number of seats?

(Forgive my naivety on this subject!)

Looking forward to seeing the Labour candidate returned in Wolverhampton West.
Pretty much a given.

If the Tories ever win here (Wolves SW as was) then it's only ever by tiny margins in years where they win the GE. 1,661 for Stuart Anderson in 2019 and 691 for Paul Uppal in 2010. Otherwise it's been Labour since 1997. Any national swing wipes them out easily.

Anderson was an atrocious MP. Coming back from West Park yesterday was delighted to see that I no longer have to walk past his gurning face on the front of his office in Chapel Ash if I'm heading into town.

I saw recently the rise of far-right groups coming into prominence across europe and wondered if we might see something similar here.

We all knew brexit was a bad idea but enough people voted for it, even though they shouldn't have

Will the tories be battered enough that a vacuum is left where Reform get a decent number of seats?

If Reform win 5 seats I would be astonished

Just chatted to my daughter, it's her first GE. She wants to vote Green, but will be voting Labour due to the electoral system. I hope there's something in the Labour manifesto to address that, it has been hinted at previously.

No, they'll only have Farage and an outside chance of Anderson. Reform will stop them winning constituencies, but they won't be the winners themselves

I know we get nutbars standing in our elections but Ireland is another level

GPdVWKUbQAEii3L
Tony managed to find 86 (out of 16,000 votes) other loons who voted for him.
Finished 16th out of 16.

Just chatted to my daughter, it's her first GE. She wants to vote Green, but will be voting Labour due to the electoral system. I hope there's something in the Labour manifesto to address that, it has been hinted at previously.
It was in Blair's 97 manifesto but landslide they got quashed it being follower up on. Sadly, can't see Starmer doing anything different

Seven candidates are standing in the North West Leicestershire constituency.

- Carl Benfield - Green Party

- Andrew Bridgen - Independent

- Alice Delamare - Liberal Democrat

- Siobhan Dillon

- Amanda Hack - Labour Party

- Noel Matthews - Reform UK

- Craig Smith - Conservative Party

I've posted this elsewhere before but the Conservative candidate is a neanderthal and his leaflet highlights the following.

1) Former forces.
2) Local
3) Anti woke policing

That is his pitch to the electorate of North West Leicestershire however I've just found out (from the Guardian) that this isn't his first foray into attempting to become an MP....

He was due to be the Brexit party candidate in Loughborough in 2019. He tweeted multiple times in support of the Brexit party during the 2019 election. One post in November that year read: “Vote Conservative for more years of inaction, delay and bluster.”

In another post, Smith said “Tories bottled it, we won’t” on an announcement by Reform to scrap inheritance tax.

2p off NI is a manifesto promise from the Tories apparently

Properly stole that magic money tree from Jezzer haven't they

I don't know, they've been throwing "this is the man that wanted Jeremy Corbyn to be Prime Minister" around, and rightly or wrongly any association to him is toxic as fuck electorally. It's throwing shade and that's part of politics unfortunately.

Gillian Keegan dissing the education system when she was at school. Her senior school life was under a Conservative government.

I mean, the obvious question is, if this is a good idea, why didn't they do it years ago?

Back