• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Crystal Palace: Verdict Thread

I actually think letting RAN cut in onto his strong foot could be a useful idea, though I'm not sure I'd park him there for an entire match.

I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but the way we vacate central midfield like the players think it's the Hellmouth is really unacceptable at this level IMV, especially when we're playing three dudes who, God bless 'em, are all relatively conservative by nature. Parting midfield like the Red Sea should be the least of our worries, yet we manage it time and time again.

Blargh, I say!

So he should be dismissed as "papering over the cracks" it's just weird, he's a first team member of the squad who should be captain (or Lemina)
Don't think its dismissive, I like Dawson, he's done a good job, but if he's leading our defence (with the same personnel) next season, it concerns me.

I actually think letting RAN cut in onto his strong foot could be a useful idea, though I'm not sure I'd park him there for an entire match.

I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but the way we vacate central midfield like the players think it's the Hellmouth is really unacceptable at this level IMV, especially when we're playing three dudes who, God bless 'em, are all relatively conservative by nature. Parting midfield like the Red Sea should be the least of our worries, yet we manage it time and time again.

Blargh, I say!
It was an experiment to give City something to think about. If ever there was a game to do it, it was that one.

I'd still can that rancid form so not sure why you're fixated on a random month, it's a full quarter of the season.

Over the last 17 games we are 5th bottom. Nearly half the season.

It's rancid.
Because the initial comment was that its been 3 months of poor form!!!

All I've done is explain how it hasn't been 3 months, that is all I've done and then the pile on from you, TT etc commenced

Less than 3 months ago we beat Spurs at White Hart Lane etc, not a single person would have said we were in poor form then.

Its been poor form since March 16th (Cov) or March 30th in the league when everything has started to go to shit. Less than 6 weeks ago.

Our form has been so drastically poor since then that it's clouded our good pre Coventry game form (both statistically and in feeling/sensation) where we won 10 in 15.

Didn`t see the game so can`t comment (sometimes family commitments can be a blessing), i will miss Sunday`s game too (unless I can find somewhere to watch it in Portugal). With regards our Club`s future, I think it will continue to be bleak as long as we have owners who`s sole ambition is to just survive in the Premier league.

Don't think its dismissive, I like Dawson, he's done a good job, but if he's leading our defence (with the same personnel) next season, it concerns me.

Quite. I like him a lot and you can't deny his impact and importance in survival last season. But fuck me is it a slight on the club that a 33 year old who couldn't get a game for West Ham came in, improved us immediately, and whose absence is widely considered to be the biggest reason that we've been shit for the last 3 months. If he was on a free this Summer there's only the promoted clubs that would look at him.

Last edited:
It's kinda weird that we're in the spot now that we're happy West Ham gave us their backup CB and would be happy if we could give them his main CB partner this summer. Football

Back