• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Crystal Palace: Verdict Thread

That looks like good form to me, obviously then we crumbled to Cov and it's gone pretty pish since.

Cov was the 16th of March, which isn't 3 months ago is it @Alan ? It's not even 2. (And we didn't play our next league game for 2 weeks - the 30th, less than 6 weeks ago.)

Prior to that defeat we were on a run of

P15 W10 D2 L3

Cov was the 16th of March, which isn't 3 months ago is it @Alan ? It's not even 2.

P15 W10 D2 L3
Maybe I misunderstood the argument, I went back to the beginning of Feb. because that's (just over) 3 months ago.

So 1.06ppg over the last 3 months, which is not form that screams "we'll be comfy next season" to me.

Maybe I misunderstood the argument, I went back to the beginning of Feb. because that's (just over) 3 months ago.

So 1.06ppg over the last 3 months, which is not form that screams "we'll be comfy next season" to me.
Grief... you seriously think that the squad won't be improved this Summer?

Cov was the 16th of March, which isn't 3 months ago is it @Alan ? It's not even 2. (And we didn't play our next league game for 2 weeks - the 30th, less than 6 weeks ago.)

P15 W10 D2 L3
You can't be including cup games in the form as the teams may not have been the strongest.

But including February as part of our "rancid form" is ridiculous, that's my point, we beat Chelsea and Spurs away and won 4 of our 6 games overall!?

But including February as part of our "rancid form" is ridiculous, that's my point, we beat Chelsea and Spurs away and won 4 of our 6 games overall!?
You're not wrong, necessarily, but I think it illustrates that getting into a discussion of "our form started on x day" is probably not going to get anyone anywhere. Which I don't mean to say that you're making the argument in bad faith or anything. Just too easy to move the goalposts around.

Facts are that we're in relegation form at the moment, and many of the tactical mistakes that have accelerated that decline continue to happen (second bit is more of opinion tbf).

Facts are that we're in relegation form at the moment, and many of the tactical mistakes that have accelerated that decline continue to happen (second bit is more of opinion tbf).
I agree, a combination of fatigue, confidence, injuries and poor tactical decisions have lead us to this dreadful period of form.

There's been some odd decisions.

It didn't cost us points, but RAN at RWB last week, playing 4atb, the over insistence on playing it out from the back when players are both knackered and being found out, I'm sure others can and will add to the list.

You're not wrong, necessarily, but I think it illustrates that getting into a discussion of "our form started on x day" is probably not going to get anyone anywhere. Which I don't mean to say that you're making the argument in bad faith or anything. Just too easy to move the goalposts around.

Fortunately, relegation has already been decided and because of our earlier form, we have been safe for months. The good news is that we have tried and tested a few players in different areas and given some experience to younger players during our dismal run of form. The other good news is that three worse teams are coming up and that we will finish above other shit teams in our league now.

And 10 league games takes us back to the 9th of March (a game we won), so thanks for helping prove my point for me (y)
I'd still can that rancid form so not sure why you're fixated on a random month, it's a full quarter of the season.

Over the last 17 games we are 5th bottom. Nearly half the season.

It's rancid.

Back